cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue with "External Definitions" & "DATE TRANS" function

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>1) I have used an Extenal Definition on the receiver side of my mapping, I have finished mapping the sender and the receiver. Now when i change the structure of the Extenal Definition ( for ex - if an element is having 0..1 as occurence i have changed it to 0 to unbounded ) that gets automatically reflected into my mapping when i close and open that mapping again. Now the problem is that mapping will not work properly until and unless that mapping is deleted and created freshly.

2) Problem with DateTrans function - When we map two fields with datetrans function, and then reimport the receiver side mapping structure, then it is showing the three months old date to the given date. If delete the mapping and then redo the same mapping again then i could solve the problem.

Whether this is expected behaviour???Can anyone clarify me on the above mentioned.

OR will I have to re import the External Definition and also make the Date Transformation again.(i.e map the field again)????

Thanks in advance..

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

importing the External definition and the datetrasformation function , no relation as for as i know , if any data type chages exited , then you need to check it ,

In general whenever you are trying to changes for the existing mapping better to take the backup or create the mapping template and import the source or target message types and insert the mapping template , it is better idea if you have any occurrence changes at message level ..

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First Import the mapping into a .tpz file.

If the mapping is message mapping, go to data flow editior in CTRLSHIFTRIGHTCLICK , Tools ->Export -> Enter the mapping programname it will copy with the name .mte file.

Now change your external schema and reimport schema.the schema changes will reflect..

Import the .mte file now..then comman fields will map automatically.

Import mapping program - Tools -> Import -> select the .mte file and will map same common fields...

What you have changed the fields those you need to map.

Regards,

Venu.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Since you changed the target message definition, it is expected that you edit your message mapping so that you could treat these changes (mapping to unbounded fields instead of just 1).

2. As for the other error, Im not sure I got the error you got. Could you elaborate more?

Regards,

Henrique.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i had exp this earlier and as far i have seen it is req to reimport the ext.def if there is a structure change and change the mapping

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S