Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB02/OLD - finding out % history for table/index

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

when we delete on a SAP BW 7.02 PSA, how can we find to on database information level, how many space has been freed?

We are using the DB02 and DB02OLD transaction and we know the table/index that has been used by PSA.

On DB02/OLD we see only for the tablespace itself, that it was used 95 % before and now it is at 65 %.

Is there a way, to see the % also for table/index?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

You can check the % of free space or used space for tables in ST04 or DB02 transaction.

Under Space/Performance you will be able to see the space used for tables/indexes.

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lexman,

thanks for your help.

Example: I have index

/bic/b0000790000ke

I can find out over the history, the change size per day/week/month via DB02/OLD - no problem here.

Where can I find out, how this index is used - will say is it used to 100% or is the index has fragments?

Is there a report, that I can run, to get out tables/indexes with high fragments?

For the tablespace PSAPDAT (where /bic/b0000790000ke is saved), I can find this out via transaction DB02/OLD the % value for day/week/month, but not for the tables/indexes itself ...

Best regards

Carlos Behlau

behlau_carlos
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I found something I am looking for ...:

Index Storage Quality | SCN

Now the question is, can a report generated similar to DB02, showing the quality ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Please check this note 771929 - FAQ: Index fragmentation.  This note also has some reports that you are looking for such as RSORAISQN (Index quality storage analysis).   They are also some other useful reports you can find in this SAP note.

Regards,

Adil