Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC metadata - sender IDOC_AAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I have looked into the great document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5050119d-9c47-3110-eab0-d90ebd211...

to understand the IDOC_AAE adapter a little bit more.

when coming to the part where it should describe the replacement for IDX1 (destination to R/3 system for IDOC metadata) I see the following:

"CONFIGURATION REQUIRED FOR SENDER CHANNEL WITH IDOC_AAE ADAPTER TYPE The goal of the sender configuration is to establish a technical connection from the R/3 system to the PI system for sending the IDOCs from the former into the latter. The connectivity is established using RFC technology. There are different RFC connections that are maintained on PI and the R/3 system. x The PI system receiving the IDOC needs to query the sending R/3 system to understand the structure of the received IDOC. An RFC connection is created for this purpose on the PI system. "

it doesn't exactly where is the RFC created. should I create it? is it done automatically?

If you can please clarify this subject it would be of great help.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel

RFC destination should be created in PI system in NWA.

http://<host>:<port>/nwa

go to Configuration Tab

Select Destination to create the destination.

You can also check the help link below.

Creating the RFC Destination on the Application Server Java - Configuration - SAP Library

Regards

Osman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am sorry but that was not the question I asked.

I knew how to create RFC destinations in NWA.

The question is - how is the RFC for IDOC structure (metadata) retrieval is created.

in dual stack we would use IDX1 to define the RFC destination that will be used to get the metadata. in dual stack it is not so clear... even from the document.

Help is still needed please.

Regards,

Imanuel.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel,

AFAIK - with latest IDOC_AAE you do not require to get the IDOC Metadata manually, but it gets loaded automatically at runtime (during the 1st run) in the system using the same Destination RFC connection that you created in NWA.

Hope it helps

Regards,
Azhar