cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports for VS 2010 connection failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal reports for .Net and Visual Studio 2010. The application was running absolutely fine on Windows server 2008. Last month we migrated to Windows server 2012. Crystal Reports connection has been failing since then. Any help in this regards wil be appreciated.

Thanks,

Manju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

What database and version are you using and how are you connecting to it? 

What errors are you getting? 

Is your development machine Windows 2012 or did you just reinstall your application on Windows 2012? 

If the reports are using ODBC, make sure you have the 32 bit ODBC installed and working if your application is compiled as 32 bit.  This is a common problem because trying to determine whether the datasource is 32 or 64 bit can be difficult. 

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Brian, I am using SQLserver 2014. I am not using ODBC. I have used OLE DB connection. I am getting the following error: "The system cannot find the path specified."

I have installed 13.0.2 runtime in my application as well as on the server. Can you please let me know if the runtime i am using is correct for windows server 2012.

Thanks,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot to let you know that my development Machine is windows XP. We reinstalled the application in the new server using the msi file.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the SQL Server ODBC Native Client 11 (SQLNCLI11.dll) is installed on the computer. See the PAM for more details:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e06b8953-a62b-2d10-38b9-ca71f747e...

Also, 13.0.2 indicates you are using Service Pack 2. CRVS is now on SP 14. See:

(use the install exe to update your dev computer, the MSI / MSM for deployed computers.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Ludek mentioned, get the latest runtime and try with that. 

Can you verify if the application is running in 32 or 64 bit mode? 

From your application server, can you connect to SQL Server using SSMS or something else? 

If your application is running in 32 bit mode, can your OLEDB driver connect in 32 bit mode on the 2012 server? 

If the error is happening when the report is connecting, I'm leaning towards the 32 bit application not finding a valid 32 bit database connection. 

If you can track down exactly when it errors out that would help.  More information is better for this.  It may be possible something else is causing the error and not the connection itself. 

A couple of things to look at: what version of .NET Framework do you have installed on your 2012 server?  What version of .NET Framework is your application compiled with?  This has caused me issues in the past. 

Good luck,

Brian

Answers (0)