Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deactivate contact/account creation in Outlook AddIn

Dear experts,

some of our customers work with an integration into a 3rd party ERP-system and want it to be the leading system for contacts and accounts. For that reason we have disabled the creation of accounts/contacts in C4C.

Is it possible to disable the creation of accounts/contacts in Outlook AddIn too?

I tried that out with our demo-system and although the user I used had no writing access on contacts, I could click on the + sign in the Outlook sidepanel to create a contact and could add a reference to a C4C account. As a result Outlook saved the contact in the C4C-contact-folder and also in the sidepanel the contact was recognized and referenced to the account I selected during contact-creation. However, in C4C the contact was NOT created. Consequently, the user would think that the creation of the contact via Outlook worked out but in the system no contact is created. Seems like a bug,...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Ulla

Tags:
Former Member
replied

You can evaluate the use of Business Actions under Roles (GW_*) for disabling the ability to add/reference contacts to accounts from the add-in.

To restrict access for only some actions within a view or hide fields or buttons entirely, do the following:

1. Choose Administration Business Operations Business Roles .

2. Open the applicable business role, then choose View All .

3. Choose Fields & Actions.

4. Under Business Action Restrictions, add a row.

5. Choose an action that you want to limit or hide for this role, and specify the corresponding restriction.

For a list of the available actions that can be restricted in e-mail add-ins, use the value selection for

the name and search for "GW_*".

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question