Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My doubt is:

If a Background job is showing its status as Active but the work processes are free then what could be the problem?

regards

vinnu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay,

First of this should not be the case. But still if it is some intigrity problem exists in your database.

Kindly refresh the job you have created. Restart your database and see if proper connectivity is established with the current instance.

Also after doing so get into transaction sm37 and then choose the relevant job and click on job log to find the status and also if the job is not locked due to some reason.

do reward points.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go in SM66 and check PID of that job, to see, whether it is doing any thing in Database level, i mean read/write.

If not, then kill the job from this tcode and start the job again.

Then check the logs for the new active job.

Thanks,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, although workprocesses are free, but in actual in database level it may not be performing anything apart from eating time. So do check once programs & Varaint, for checking any actions really being performed or not.

Thanks,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you data base not updated the r3system

select the job and goto menu select job->check status

this will update you r3 system

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not clear.can u please elaborate in detail,

vinnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto SM37 --> execute the jobs with ACTIVE selection. click on menu Job --> check status.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

Please follow the steps suggested by Samrat and Sunil. It is more or less a data integrity issue. where the job has got terminated at OS level but is still showing as active in SM37. Check status will display the correct status of the job.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In certain cases like during power failure to the server gets stopped while backgrounds are running then there jobs gets cancelled or in certain cases they may be completed this status will not be updated to TRBAT and TRJOB tables in this scenario we find in SM37 TCODE some jobs in active status while they are actually not so in the menu we have a option <b>check status</b> when we click this option then r3 check the status of job in DB level and updates the R3 system saying <b>1 jobs were checked and 1 jobs were corrected</b>

Samrat