cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Advance Journal with separate line item for different curency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement that when a travel request is created with advances in multiple currency. The Journal should post separate line items for each currency.

We have checked the scenario but the system is posting a single line item for the Advance though different currency is requested in Advance.

Please advise how this requirement can be achieved.

Example:

Travel request with Advance: USD 1000, AUD 2000. Assume co. code currency is EUR.

When posting the Advance the system is giving the below entry.

Advance Account Debit (Total of USD+AUD in EUR)

Vendor Account  Credit

However, the desired output is like below. separate line item for each currency type.

Advance account Debit (total of USD in EUR)

Advance account Debit (total of AUD in EUR)

Vendor Account Credit.

Appreciate your valuable inputs.

AJ..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

have you already checked the option in transaction PRFI - "Size/Summarization" button?

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Yes, i have checked "Size/Summarization" button still not getting the desired result.

Any other option that i need to check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

no idea if this would be possible.

Question: Why the customer would like to have this separated?

Could you please explain a little bit the business idea behind?

Thank you, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thank you for your quick response.

The requirement is to calculate the Exchange rate differences for Foreign Currency. Client would like to have separate line item based on currency in advance journal posting so that while clearing the advance and expenses they can know the exchange rate for the advance given and exchange rate for advance and expense settlement.

Note: Exchange rate is manually entered for foreign currencies.

Is there any option to capture exchange rate differences automatically while posting the journal?

Thank you,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

does this really makes sense?

An advance is a payment of money for the anticipated cost of the business trip.

What ever the dollar amount is at the end you pay (bank transfer in EUR) a certain amount of Euros to the traveler.

(e.g. 100 Dollar = 99 Euro)

NOW the traveller comes back from the business trip:

He spent 110 Dollar = 109 Euro the company has to pay in Euros.

But he got already 99 EUR as advance (forget the dollar amount - from my point of view it is not important).

So the company has still to pay 10 Euros out.

Actually I do not even understand why you enter a dollar amount and an additional euro amount as advances? That would only make sense if you pay him 100 Dollar in cash out.

Best regards, Sigi