Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatability GUI for SAP Basis 7_03

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am in process of learning SAP Basis, using trial version provided by SAP.

I have installed SAP BASIS application of version ABAP_7_03_SP04_64_bit_Trial_3_9_2_GB but unable to find the compatable GUI.

Searched forums and found that SAP GUI 7.2 is preferred but was unsuccessful in finding that software, So downloaded SAP GUI 7.30 but unfortunately it is not compatable and is not getting installed.

Can experts show a way out for me as it looks like all doors are shut for me, Because compatible software is not available and the one that is available is not compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

You should be able to use SAPGUI for Windows 7.30 or even 7.40 with the system you are installing.

I use SAPGUI 7.40 to access all kind of systems (I have test systems with release 7.00, 7.01, 7.02, 7.30, 7.31 and 7.40 - among others).

Is there any error message you are seeing, that prevents you from logging on using versions 7.30 or 7.40?

Regards,

Cris

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cris

Thanks for your reply.

When I tried to install SAP GUI 7.30 then installation throwed error asking me to install 7.20 hence installed 7.20.

Can you please let me know how can I make 7.30 compatable with ABAP_7_03_SP04.

Also, I am installing Max DB, ABAP_7_03_SP04 and SAP GUI on single system that is on windows 7. Is that creating any problem?

Thanks

Siva

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

I don't think it is possible to install a SAP system in a Windows 7 box. Ideally you should use a Windows server OS. You can try using a virtualization system, like VMware.

Regards,

Cris

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cris

Thanks for your reply...

I have the VMWare but ram availability is only 2 GB is that sufficient? If yes I will try to install on VMWare and learn.

I am very interested to learn but there are many issues in between.

Thanks

Siva

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

For a test system, with a few work processes, I don't think you will have a problem.

Keep in mind that you will face performance issues, but for learning purposes, it should be fine.

Regards,

Cris

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cris

Thanks for your reply... finally able to install on windows 7 but now there is a new issue .

When I created the user and gave the host name and port I am unable to logon to the user I am repeateadly getting error. Can you help me on this:

Thanks

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You are using the loopback interface to try to logon.

You should be using a FQDN or a valid IP address.

You can change the hosts file in your Windows to set a fake FQDN to your current IP address (use ipconfig in a cmd prompt to identify the IP).

Regards,

Cris