Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Consumption of demand without sales order

My company in is the beginning phase of planning inventory.  We have never used MD61 nor had to populate a strategy group.  I am trying to find a way to consume a LSF/VSF demand.  We currently use work orders for demand and then issue from inventory to that work order and that removes the reservation which in turns removes the demand. What I am trying to do is put a monthly demand in the system, have it create purchase requisitions, then we create the PO, remove the demand once I have received the material and then be able to issue to the work order to remove from inventory.  I have tried different strategy groups and other things but I cannot get my demand to be removed.  It stays in the planning for the material.  If I need to provide one of my MRP tabs for more understanding, I can.

I have attached a sample of MD03.  in this situation, the demand created a PR then PO and now all the material is in stock to be used.  The problem is my VSF demand is still there.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello,

I can understand the issue now . In your screen shot I could see the requirement type LSF which do not allow consumption of PIR's.

So I may propose to change the requirement type to VSF in MD62 and keep the remaining settings as I mentioned in my previous post, will allow to consume the PIR's by the 261.

Please check and let me know your queries.

Regards

Gopinath R

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question