cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control for substitution items

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement where if i create a sales order with reference to another sales order ..if the previous order has any substitution items it should not get copied as it is,rather the item should explode again in new order and redetermine substituted item.I have put copy product selection as blank in both main and substituted item.The  main item gets copied but it does not explode again.Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Under copy control ,go to item category and leave the "copy Product selection" as blank which means it will carry out new product selection and sub items will be exploded again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you tell us the whre is the control ?

in transaction VTAA in item level field " Re-explode structre " right !

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reexplode button at I.C. level represents the explosion when a delivery is created from a sales order , not within sales order to sales  order copying.

If you create a sales order with reference to another sales order, it also means that the BOM also will be the same, like all other details. If you want reexplosion, then you should ideally do the copy only for header and then enter your item manually.

A reexplosion at order for the item copied from another sales order item is not possible. If reexploded, then the link will be lost anyway between the two sales orders for that line item.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.I found the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate if you can share the solution that would help others to deepen the knowledge.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

please activate Rexplode structure/free goods field in copy control so that it will re determined in target document .

Regards

venkata Rami Reddy Konduri