Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added sentence with more than 255 char in header ALV report

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I have one report in which i need to show all profit center entered in selection option in header of ALV grid .

earlier report was using 'REUSE_ALV_COMMENTARY_WRITE' with 'TOP_OF_PAGE' event which allows only 60 character.

so i used "HTML_TOP_OF_PAGE" of ALV with "cl_dd_document".

but it allows only 255 character and when user enters long range in selection option then my string in header is cut from 255th character.

so is there any way to solve this problem as i need to display all valid profit center from input and in some case string containing valid profit center can be longer than 255 character.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

roopashree_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin,

Try creating your ALV using Split container.

Split the container horizontally into 2. Use the top container as header.

Now you can fill as many data into header using a  class method.

Regards

Roopa

2 REPLIES 2

roopashree_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin,

Try creating your ALV using Split container.

Split the container horizontally into 2. Use the top container as header.

Now you can fill as many data into header using a  class method.

Regards

Roopa

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin,

Even if you try to circumvent this particular issue, I am quite certain that there will be more challenges in the future, for eg printing becomes a problem when the list width is more than 255 characters.

My suggestion: Don't provide the user input in the ALV header.

If the report is executed online, then the user must be knowing what he had entered on the 1st screen. Is there a point in reminding him what he had entered?

If the report is run as a background job, use this option to print the selection-conditions in the spool.

Thanks,

Juwin