cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation approval porcess in Release Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know whether its possible to set up confirmation approval process scenario in case of Release Process in SNC?

I am aware that in PO collaboration approval process can be set up if supplier confirms qty/date which is outside tolerance level set in PO but confirmations created against SA in SNC does not flow back to ECC so how to configure scenario where supplier wants to confirm quantities which are deviating from the release quantities in scheduling agreement.

Regards

Sandhya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

There a tab in SA Details screen to confirm the Schedule Lines.

Your supplier can confirm their quantities in this tab.

As you told, SAP SNC does not have an automatic back confirmation for Release processing to send ECC for these updates.

This is also shown in SCM SNC Help link below:

Release Processing - SAP Library

If i need to add my personal comment over here, you should not send these confirmations back. Thus Release Process is used to send goods in an agreed time window. If supplier is unable to provide the goods for the required time & quantity then it needs to be send in next window.

If you say it very crucial to send the confirmations back and update SA & MRP results in ECC then you need to make development in SNC, SAP PO and SAP ECC.

Kindly feel free to ask your questions.

Regards,

Selim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selim

Thanks for feedback. So if we need to send SA confirmations back to ECC and update planning, will require custom development. Also unlike PO approval process, we cannot set similar approval process for scheduling agreement confirmation where planner can approve or reject the qty/date deviations made by supplier in SA confirmation in SNC.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks

Sandhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandya,

Yes you are correct.

In standard SA process system allow to provide confirmations for schedule lines. Unfortunately there is not confirm&publish functionality from customer side.

As a result, it needs to be developed where needs huge effort.

Regards,

Selim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Can some one please explain more on this topic? Currently our client is daily exchanging excel sheets with vendors to agree on qty. and delivery date which is deviating from original qty/date mentioned in firmed schedule line of SA.

So requirement is vendor will able to publish confirmations against firmed schedule lines with quantities or dates deviation and then planner will login to SNC portal and he will either accept or reject these confirmations. This will not update any schedule line quantities in SNC or SAP scheduling agreement.

Can this functionality be achieved using standard SNC or as Selim explained it will be huge custom development?

Will appreciate detail replay on this topic. 

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

There is a SAP standard integration for release agreement with APO.

You can use this integration to have integration with ECC with custom mapping in PI.

When you confirm the release schedulines and published, system triggers the DeliveryScheduleConfirmation_Out XML message to PI.

Now here(in PI) you mapped XML message DeliveryScheduleConfirmation_Out to IDoc DELCONF.DELFOR01 (SNC-->PI-->ECC)

OR to IDoc ORDRSP.ORDERS05

You can check out below SAP help links for more details about how to confirm, Publish release confirmation and SAP standard integration of release agreement with APO.

Processing Scheduling Agreement Confirmations

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc700_ehp02/helpdata/en/2f/97cb530898214be10000000a174cb4/content.htm?f...

Sending Scheduling Agreement Confirmations to SAP APO

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc700_ehp02/helpdata/en/4b/acf00179db2d1be10000000a42189c/content.htm

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil for detail replay.

Here we don't want to send confirmations back to APO or ECC but want to set up approval scenario for confirmations so that on SNC portal planners will have ability to either accept or reject the qty/date deviations created by suppliers. This will not update APO/ECC scheduling agreement and will remain in SNC only.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya

In My case it is triggering XML DeliveryScheduleConfirmation_Out  from my Quality system and it is getting failed in ECC..

whereas in Development it is not triggering the above XML.

What could be the possible reason, seems i have missed something in QAS system.

Regards

shailesh