cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed System Config - User solman_admin is not allowed to perform this request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My solman version is 7.1 SP12. I'm currently performing Managed System Configuration for Solution Manager java stack and reached the step Maintain Users and I have 2 users to configure SAPSUPPORT and SM_COLL_S01. However I'm getting the below error:

User solman_admin is not allowed to perform this request. Check SAP Note 1647157.

The note describes the SPML service but I can't see how it will resolve above error.

Please advise.

regards,

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

As far as I can recall, you need to assign SPML read and write access to user on JAVA stack to perform this task.

The below note talks about the same.

1647157 - How to Set up Access to the SPML Service on AS Java.

So logon to Java user admin page, create a role and assign read and write access to this role for SPML as given in above note, apply this role to admin user.

One you will have these actions assigned to administrator user that you have supplied for JAVA system during Managed System Configuration, this will be able to create user and assign roles to them from solman automatic setup.

Refer these old threads.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

Please check the following note if post steps are correctly performed.

1934057 - SPML check error for JAVA managed system

If not please go through following SDN discussion link.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu/Anand,

I understood your point. I'll try this and let you know.

regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu/Anand,

In fact, in step 4 - "Enter system parameter", I had put j2ee_admin and it did connect successfully but now when I'm testing it, I'm getting below error:

Any idea what may be causing this?

regards,

Suraj

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot see the error.. i think you missed to attach it

J2ee_admin connecting, so that is fine... but you need to assign a role which you will create and add SPML read and write actions. One that is done, required users will be created from managed system configuration from solman.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

After assigning the SPML role to j2ee_admin, issue got resolved.

Thanks and regards,

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know Suraj,

Please close the thread if your query is answered.

Regards

Anand

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's Good Suraj

Please mark the answer and close the thread...

Regards,