cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to create DBCONNECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am stuck at creating DBCONNECT. I am trying to connect my BI DEV system to an External Mssql system. When i am trying to create DBCONNECT( name ZAX_BICONN), after entering all the values once it is saved, it still does not show it in the DBCONNECT list, when i tried testing the connection through

se38 - ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION, it shows error 1326 could not establish connection. This is really very urgent as we are stuck in middle of something.Please let me know what can be done.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help and Support, the issue got fixed, the user details entering in DBCO had error. The user id which i was maintaing  had only windows authentication and did not had SQl authentication. I created a new user and gave sql authentication to the user, tested the connection through SA38 - adbc_test_connection,and the connection name it worked. 

Once again thanks all for your help.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note number 1316740 can be checked for the above issue resolution.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrigank,

You need to check the below things.

- You need to have a administrator user with sysadmin role and sql authentication is required.

- You need to check the port 1433 (by default) whether it is reachable from BW system or not.

Also do paste the screenshot of the connection parameters which you are maintaining in BW system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

The user i have maintained has the sysadmin role and sql authentication is there, because in general when i login using this user it logs in perfectly fine on the DB. How can i check port number 1433 is reachable from BW or not? i checked in services 1433 is listed. Attaching the connection parameter screenshot.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked you to do a telnet ?

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You need to perform the port check through telnet command.

telnet <mssql server name> 1433

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly upgrade the Ms Sql DB service pack 2  (Latest version SP04), because current level is low SP1 , Kindly refer the snapshot and SAP Note

62988 - Service packs for MS SQL Server

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh/ Divyanshu

Telnet works fine.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

Could you refer the SAP KBA 1543702 for Error message "error 1326 could not establish connection"

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

When i changed the conn information in DBCO, i am getting a different error now, can you please let me know what can i follow in this situation. In general when i try logging in using administrator it logs in, but its not logging in through DBCON.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you share you SAP kernel release / level & MS Sql DB version details?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Kernel release - 720

Level- 401

SQl server- 9.00

release- 9.00.2047

DBSL-720.00

Patch level -324

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the OS on which your running BI ?

Almost couple of years back I was stuck when my system was running on AIX and was trying to connect a remote MSSQL, since DBSL of MSSQL on AIX were not present.

You may think of updating DBSL.

Refer 1601608 - How to access an external Microsoft SQL Server database

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also the ports eg 1326 need to be opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

OS - Windows 2008 Server R2 Sp1

DBSL has been updated.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok... sorry for misreading error as port . The port should be opened for communication on firewall

Have look at below link - default 1433 - which you can check by ding telnet.

However, if the above error 1326, is remote MSSQL, then your ports are open and the problem is with communication with remote MSSQL server.

Refer below blogs which talk about the same.

SQL SERVER &amp;#8211; FIX : ERROR : (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 &amp;#8211; Could no...

SQL SERVER &amp;#8211; Fix : Error : 1326 Cannot connect to Database Server Error: 40 &amp;#8211; Co...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

I have opened the port 1433( default sql server port) on both the servers( BI and AX), below is the screenshot which i am getting now. I am trying to connect using administrator, in general i am able to login using administrator but not able to do the same through DBCON.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Turn of UAC on SQL server machine.

Also, the login should be a member of SYSADMIN server role.

Also try this:

In SQL Server Management Studio, open Object Explorer and expand the folder of the server instance in which to create the new login.

First make sure the SQL Server is configured for SQL Server authentication.  Right-click on the server, choose Properties and then click on Security.  Choose "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode". Click OK.

Right-click the Security folder, point to New, and then click Login.

On the General page, enter a name for the new login in the Login name box.

Select SQL Server Authentication and enter a password for the login. Select the password policy options that should be applied to the new login.

Choose the database you want to monitor as the default database.

Choose the Server Roles page and check "sysadmin".

Choose the User Mapping page and select the database you want to monitor and select the db_owner role membership for the database.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mrigank,

Please  check the following SAP note :-

178949 - MSSQL: Database MultiConnect

Regards

Anand