Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling of Project

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I am new in  Scheduling scenario . I have project starting & End date now I want to schedule the project.  I am using Forward scheduling type for Network & WBS with automatic scheduling check box ticked and assigning SS relation in activity. Now if I am created 3 activity under Network & gives work Hrs. to activity also same value put in Scheduling- Normal duration of activity (because Activity are used to track vendor work  completion  & its only dummy work confirmation carried out to track vendor work ).

Now if am create activity assigned relation to activity & scheduling is carried out till system is not calculate date according to Work hrs .  also as I have 3 to 4 level of WBS system not copy dates in WBS & so network takes only project end date & assign that date to activity .

So expert please let me know the correct process & steps to be consider .

Thanks ,

Virendra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI virendra,

There can be 2-3 cases for your case.

1. If date is not calculating according to work hrs then check the workcenter planing details.

2. Secondly, check which scheduling u r using . It is WBS based or network based.

if you r considering network dates then dont cosider WBS dates.

For SS , Activities start date remain same and end dates may be differ.

once you scehdule activities then netwrok end date should be same as longest activity end date.

I hope it will help.

Thanks

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

1) Firstly, check the Schedule Automatic & Capacity requirements are activated in Network

2) While creating Work center in Capacities view, assign the Other formula-SAP004 and Intdistkey as SAP040.Also check Relevant to Finite scheduling is activated in Work center Capacity Header.

3) Assign the Work center in activity, Select the Calculation key as "Calculate Work". The Work hours will be automatically copied from Work center.  Also give the number of work center and Percent in Activity.

Best regards,

Sriramm

Former Member
0 Kudos