cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Segment derived in same Profit Center??

Former Member
0 Kudos

System derived other segment for same profit center in payment entry with exchange gain / loss difference.

What could be the possible reason for such derivation and how can such wrong derivation be rectified?    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

The segment derivation occurs in three ways:-

- Directly linked in the Profit Center master data, which is the most common scenario

- Derived via BAdI, See if there is any custom code written.

Try the badi-FAGL_DERIVE_SEGMENT

- Manually included in the FI posting carried out in the system.

Try to post a FI document to same profit centers and also see if you can enter segment manually. If this is allowed, probably user might have directly entered it.

Refer the note-686531 for more details on segments

Hope this helps,

Close the thread if your issue is solved.

Regards

Rishab

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query.

If segment is deriving from preceding document, then on entering cost center belonging to profit center of different segment why system is not changing its segment?

I mean to say that when profit center is assigned to segment, it should change segment on changing profit center. It is deriving segment from PC only in case if segment field is blank. If it is filled with other segment which do not belong to that profit center then it remain unchanged.

Thanks,

Alok

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

You mean to say if the profit center has changed but the segment has not picked from that profit center and it remains unchanged. If I understand correctly, then basically profit center is derived from the cost center. So here system will not derive the segment from its profit center. It is a standard behavior. If you want to change the segment based on its profit center. Then define a substitution in GGB1 based on profit center and assign the substitution to the co.code in OBBH.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Segments are derived as follows:

• Preceding Document

If the preceding document contains a derived segment, that segment is copied to the line items.

• Previously Derived Profit Center

The segment is derived from the profit center determined previously. The assignments of profit centers to segments is mapped in your organizational structure. You can access the Show Org Structures view from the Organizational Management work center under Common Tasks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the above two system considers which one for posting first?

Is it possible to change that adoption order?

Thanks,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Found a work around in my scenario. In Tcode SM30 running view V_FAGL_SPLIT_FL2, on unchecking field "Realized Exchange Rate Difference" & "Valuated Exchange Rate Difference" system is not deriving segment in exchange difference GL. Now when user enters cost center in this GL system derives profit center from it and from PC it derives correct segment.

Got the resulted entry as desired.

Please correct me if i am anywhere wrong.

Ref: Follow-up costs: account assignment derivation - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Thanks & Regards,

Alok Verma

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Follow-up+costs%3A+account+assignment+derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you are correct.

But be aware of changing customazation in this view, because it'll change posting logic.

E.g.

Before you have posting Expense ex.rate difference 100 usd

After you have Expense ex.rate difference 150 usd and Revenue ex.rate difference 50 usd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Actually "loss ex. rate" is a expense nature a/c with cost center as mandatory. It is inheriting profit center and segment from line 4 & 5 respectively. So on simulating loss ex. rate line is creating with inheriting pc & segment. But, as its a expense GL, it require cost center. When i am entering cost center it is changing profit center only. segment is remaining same as derived.

How can i obtain segment also on entering cost center?

Thanks & Regards,

Alok

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Have you selected zero balance clearing for segment?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both analytics are activated for doc. splitting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Yes, zero balance clearing is selected for both profit center & segment.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be somebody have changed segment in PC master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, both are activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be somebody have changed segment in PC master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it has not been changed. I have checked history of PC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check view V_FAGL_SPLIT_FL2, if both analytics activated for realazed ex. rate difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Sorry read you reply after posting below solution.

Thanks for you efforts.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in addition to Rishab, segment could be derived not only via BADi FAGL_DERIVE_SEGMENT, but also via ac_document BADi, substitution, BTE and so on.

For ex.rate difference account segment could be derived via functionality doc. splitting, so if you activate doc splitting only for segment then ex.rate difference calculates wise segments, and segment "derived"  from cleared documets

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

The profit centre/segment has derived from its cost center master record. So check the cost center master record in KS03.

Regards,

Mukthar