Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Production flow

Hi PP experts,

It may be very basic question to you.But I want to clear the idea that's why I am asking this question.

Please give solution in details or step by step.

Now I will tell you what I have done.

Procedure 1:

I have created four materials say A (FG), B (SFG), C (SFG), D (RAW) in Quality server.

I have created BOM as,

For C, D as a BOM component,

For B, C as a BOM component,

For A , B as a BOM component

Then I have created routing for "A" material,

Then in MD61 I have created demand for 'A'=10 Qty

Then I do MD02,and through MD04 I have created the Production order and I have carried out the confirmation of the production order.

But when I checked the stock in MMBE,

For 'A' I have seen Unrestricted=10Qty

for  'B' I have seen Reserved=10Qty

For 'C' BLANK

For 'D' BLANK

But logically at machine shop, for the production of A we need the component B, for the production of B we need the component C and for the production of C we need the component D.

Then in SAP how this logic works?I want to know this.

Is something I am missing.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Gopinath,

Should I do MD04 for both SFG?

Also in my case after going through your reply is my understating is correct or not.

after creating the materials create BOM's as in my original post,then create routings for FG (A) and SFG's (B & C),then do MD61 for FG (A),then run MRP MD02 for FG (A),then first do MD04 for RAW (D) and convert PR into purchase order and bring raw material into stock.Then do MD04 for SFG (C) and convert planned orders into production order and do confirmation so that stock will be created for SFG (C),then again do MD04 for SFG (B) and convert planned order into production order and do confirmation so that stock will be get created for SFG (B), And again do MD04 for FG (A) and convert planned orders into production order and do confirmation then stock of FG will be created.

Is this what I understand.

Is it correct or not,if not let me know what it is.

Regards,

Sagar

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question