cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between XI 7.0, PI 7.1 and PI 7.4 Dual Stack Vesions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one share the details of differences between XI 7.0, PI 7.1 and PI 7.4 Dual Stack Vesions.

I have checked many bolgs but i didn't find proper information. Please share the links or details for knowing the differences ?

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Srikanth Mavuri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

First of all XI 7.0 doesn't exist, it is PI 7.0, however PI 7.0 is like last versions of XI 3.0.

The new things in each version:

PI 7.31 is like PI 7,4. but optimized to run in SAP HANA. All the information that you have found about PI 7.31 is the same that PI 7.4. about SP there are a difference of 5, I mean, PI 7.4 SP 10 is like PI 7.31 15:

Features of PI 7.31 - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

If you want to check each SP you have this link What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SAP Library

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vila... Thanks for sharing the links.....

Actually i am searching the differences like topic wise comparision like if you take message processing how it will be in PI 7.0, PI 7.1,PI 7.4 ....

Any 4 - 5 topics differences.....

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Srikanth Mavuri.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

My few cents:

1. PI 7.0 uses Adapter Engine (AE), PI 7.1 uses Advanced Adapter Engine (AAE) and PI 7.4  (AE in dual system an Adapter Engine Extended (AEX) in single system).

In PI 7.1 and upper version you can work only at java level, even with ABAP stack. This is named Local Processing: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70b8adc3-728c-2a10-7fad-d43f29074...

2. Adapters.

In PI 7.1 http and IDOC is in ABAP stack. In PI 7.4 you have these adapter in ABAP and Java stack.

SFTP is supported form PI 7.1 and upper.

Rest adapter comes with PI 7.4 SP 09.

I think if you go through the documents that i commented "What's new in PI XXX", you can find some examples of the improvements in each version.

Regards.

Answers (0)