cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greenfield sizing recommendations for HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi We are planning for a greenfield implementation of the following systems on HANA:

ECC

BW

SCM

PI/PO

GTS

Here are my questions:

1. In terms of Cost of licensing and use cases, do you recommend we choose traditional oracle database over HANA for any of these systems?

2. We ran quick-sizer and the results didn't make a whole lot of sense. Can you suggest a starting point in HANA sizing in terms of the RAM to begin with? (We are thinking of 1TB RAM for ECC on HANA, 512 GB of RAM for BW on HANA)

Thanks!

Veera

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

Note that the question was posted by Former Member in 2015.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veera,

1. It is tough to answer this without knowing the possible use cases, PO may not benefit from HANA, but on the other hand there are some use cases that it would make sense. A sizable load and data streaming opportunities are two things that make the case for PO on HANA.

2. You will need a lot of input from the business to ensure accurate quicksizer results. You should get an accurate quicksizer reading. There is no "starting point" per se, because all companies are different. How many users will be active? What will ECC be used for? How many line items per order? How many documents created per day? How many data sources will BW have? How much historical data will be kept? What is the expected growth rate?

I can say you probably don't want to go smaller than 256 for Suite on HANA. The NW stack plus any potential data, data merges and processing would require about 256. I've seen Out of Memory issues on smaller SoH systems.

-Jake