Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

FAIL: process hdbdaemon HDB Daemon not running

System not starting after failed restore attempt. Nothing I've found up to now on the SCN has pointed me to a solution.

Can't find anything that helps in HA200 or sappress book on HANA either.

Everytime I've had this issue, it's ended up in in re-install of HANA!

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Neil,

Without the trace file, we can't really offer much more than guesses to you. The error itself does not give us that much information but it begins an analysis process by pointing us first towards the daemon trace.

It is not so much the error that the "HDB Daemon not running" that will give a clear root cause but instead, the pertinent information that surrounds this in the trace files. What I do when I analyse incidents for SAP is I request a full-system-info-dump (Note 1732157). This zip contains all the trace files relevant to the system along with configuration changes and topology information - it is essentially a one-stop-shop for analysis.

In your case, I would have begun by checking the daemon trace and analysing the pertinent entries of the daemon startup process and from there deciding a course of action for analysis and eventual root cause determination.

So, the next time you have this issue check you daemon trace and get a better idea of why this error is appearing.

I hope this helps you going forward!

Kind Regards,
Ruaidhri

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question