cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAIL: process hdbdaemon HDB Daemon not running

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

System not starting after failed restore attempt. Nothing I've found up to now on the SCN has pointed me to a solution.

Can't find anything that helps in HA200 or sappress book on HANA either.

Everytime I've had this issue, it's ended up in in re-install of HANA!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't have it now I'm afraid. I ended up installing as single container and converting to multi-tenant. It's working now....nevertheless, not one discussion on SCN has ever helped me fix the hdbdaemon issue...it would be nice to get a definitive answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Without the trace file, we can't really offer much more than guesses to you. The error itself does not give us that much information but it begins an analysis process by pointing us first towards the daemon trace.

It is not so much the error that the "HDB Daemon not running" that will give a clear root cause but instead, the pertinent information that surrounds this in the trace files. What I do when I analyse incidents for SAP is I request a full-system-info-dump (Note 1732157). This zip contains all the trace files relevant to the system along with configuration changes and topology information - it is essentially a one-stop-shop for analysis.

In your case, I would have begun by checking the daemon trace and analysing the pertinent entries of the daemon startup process and from there deciding a course of action for analysis and eventual root cause determination.

So, the next time you have this issue check you daemon trace and get a better idea of why this error is appearing.

I hope this helps you going forward!

Kind Regards,
Ruaidhri

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

No, this is an error that I've experienced after the database has been up and running for a while. I would have no reason to run hdblcm again. The only way that I've been able to resolve the issue is with a reboot of the Suse box (if I'm lucky) or a re-install of hana and restore from backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

Does the sapstart.log contain the following entry?

unknown SAPSYSTEMNAME. (7093) Exiting with Return-Code -101. (Unknown Sap-System-Name)

When you try to run hdblcm again as the root user, the message "The following actions cannot be selected because the tool was not started as root user" is displayed.

Please follow the following link to resolve this problem:

Error 'FAIL: process hdbdaemon HDB Daemon not running'

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Experienced the issue again and this procedure didn't help me, I'm afraid.

Regards

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Can you provide any information from the daemon trace? Can you upload the trace or at least, the relative time period?

Kind Regards,
Ruaidhri

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Ning

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

Please refer to note 1944052 - Recovery failed due to hdbdaemon process not able to stop

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please paste the daemon log