Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a business role ?

khagendra_padhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to delete a business role in system from NWBC, but it's throughing an error like "Role XXX is being used and cannot be deleted". I tried to find out the users assigned to this business role by running "GRAC_CHECK_BROLE_ASSIGNMENT".

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Khagendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This error occurs when there is any thing existing access request is pending for approval which contains same business role

Check the access requests

also check

if you are using any UAR,SOD

Make sure all roles are removed from business role

Regards

Baithi

khagendra_padhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked that business role is empty. But don't know how to check any existing access request for this business role in my dev system.

Can you please tell me the steps to verify this.

Regards,

Khagendra

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khagendra,

From SERCH REQUEST screen you can search requests by ROLE NAME as well.

Else check in this table GRACREQPROVITEM with PROV_ITEM_NAME as role name to find out any pending requests with that role.

Since it is development environment try to cancel all pending requests and try to delete again.

Regards,

Madhu.

khagendra_padhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for your reply.

I have deleted all pending requests which are found in GRACREQPROVITEM table & i can see the AUDIT-LOG of SEARCH REQUEST that all are cancelled.

1-> Still i am not able to delete that business role.
2-> GRACREQPROVITEM  this table is still not updated with its APPROVAL STATUS as RE.

Can you please help on this.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you check if you still have entries in table GRACUSERROLE for the business role you are going to delete?

Regards,

Alessandro

anuj_kumar3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure all requests are closed which are showing up in GRACREQPROVITEM  table. Don't get confused by status of field "Line Item Staus in Application". Even if you reject some of the requests this field may not get updated with status RE.

This should resolve your issue.

Regards,

Anuj

khagendra_padhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Anuj,

Yes you are right , that table is not getting updated even after the requests are cancelled. After deleting all the pending request i am able to delete business role now.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Khagendra

Answers (0)