cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Agent for XI 7 on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We want use conversion agent software in our XI 7 server which is on Linux. Can anybody let me know what are the majoir steps that I should do.

I have searched SDN but all the installation information are based on Windows.

Ours is a linux server and please let me know how can I install the engine on Linux server.

Warm Regards

Mazdul

mazdul@gmail.co,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to execute the **.bin file mentioned in the guide and successfully executed the test mentioned in the guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to run the .bin file mentioned in the guide by looging in through <SID>adm.

Then I maintained the .profile file with the entries mentioned in the guide and executed the test. Everything is working fine.

Thanks

Mazdul

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4c38c4cf105f85e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

This link contaisn the installation guide and it mentioens that the conversion agent can be deployed on Unix based platforms as well on Page 7.

Look into this for more details.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I deployed the required files through SDM.

Then in the step "Installing the Conversion Agent Software on Unix mentioned in the guide" it is mentioned

"Find the Conversion Agent setup file. The file has a name such as

Setup_uuu.bin, where uuu is the name of the Unix flavor. It is located in the

Conversion Agent subdirectory of the SAP XI repository, for example:

/usr/sap/J2E/SYS/global/Conversion Agent/Setup_linux.bin"

I found the file. Then it says to execute the *.bin file. Here I got stuck. Is it ever possible to execute a .bin file ??????? I tried several ways like changing the permissions but it did not work and I am unable to execute the file.

My question is

Is it at all required to run the .bin file?If yes how can i do it...Or is it just deploying the required sda s is good enough??

Please help.

Warm Regards

Mazdul

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mazdul,

i wish i coud l answer that question. But having next to nil experience in Basis and installation of Xi servers, I might not be able to give an swer to this

Regards

Bhavesh