cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create PS Validation on WBS element System Status ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to create a validation step that validates on the system status of a WBS element. But I cannot find the field of the system status in the WBS element table "PRPS". All I find is the [Status Comb] field {PRPS-PRPS_STATUS}. I accessed the transaction "SE16N'' to check the possible values of this field and there was none. I accessed the same transaction but on an IDES system and there were values like 0,1,2,3 with descriptions like "Released and Budget Insufficient, Closed, Released, Created".

And when I executed the SE16N on a WBS element that has more than one status "PREL  NTUP", the field status comb had one value "13  Created" which did not represent the statuses I see in the WBS element at all.

I opened the technical view of the Status field in the WBS element and I found it to be a structure rather than a transparent table field.

I want to create the validation in the following manner considering the values I see in the "Status" field in the WBS element:-

If "Status" like *REL*

And "Status" not like *AVAC*

Raise Exception "Error"     "........Text......."

Else

Do nothing

Endif

Can you please help me design this code under the restriction of the PS validation?

If anyone has an idea I'd be thankful if they share it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

System Status field is not available in Validations so you need to maintain some Exits with help of ABAP Consultant.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Sunil that was very helpful

The question should be closed now

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

In the check for validation.. use an user-exit and in that write the piece of code you want..

You should be able to find many exits "on save' to check it.. You would need help of a technical person to achieve this..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Sammar that was very helpful

The question should be closed now