Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login after Intallation user password update

former_member611118
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a BPC 10 MS test server that i needed to change the password on. I know the provision for updating BPC 10 MS installation user is to update the passwords using the "Reset Login Credential" link in BPC Server Manager and restart the machine. I have done these server manager, updated the services logon accounts and the IIS Manager Permission Basic Setting in IIS. However, I am still unable to log on to BPC as the login wizard tells me that it cannot connect, go back to ensure the username and password are valid.

I took a look at the log and the Trace log for the login event is below.

Am I missing something? I would really appreciate some help on this as I do not want to reinstall. Thanks:

==============[System Error Tracing]==============

[System  Name] : AuthHelper

[Message Type] : ErrorMessage

[Job Name]     : WebSerivceHelper.Logon()

[DateTime]     : 07/04/2015 23:56:20

[UserId]       : demoadm

[Exception]

DetailMsg  : {BusinessObjects.Enterprise.POAFHelper.POAFException+BOEException: COM exception cause: Unable to log on: Could not connect to server TestServer.wdf.sap.corp:6400.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unable to log on: Could not connect to server TestServer.wdf.sap.corp:6400.  Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

at CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Internal.SessionMgrClass.Logon(String UserName, String Password, String CMSName, String Authentication)

at CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.SessionMgr.Logon(String userName, String password, String cMSName, String authentication)

at BusinessObjects.Enterprise.POAFHelper.Internal.SessionHelper.logon(String user, String pwd, String cms, String auth)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at BusinessObjects.Enterprise.POAFHelper.Internal.SessionHelper.logon(String user, String pwd, String cms, String auth)

at BusinessObjects.Enterprise.POAFHelper.ThickClientHelper.Logon(String user, String pwd, String cms, String auth)

at OSoft.Services.Application.AuthHelper.WebSerivceHelper.Logon(String username, String password, String authType, CMSAuthedInfo& info)}

==============[System Error Tracing  End ]==============

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you log on to BPC Server and open the BPC COM+ Service and start them manually by right clicking on them and click start.

If you failed to start them manually,  you need to change the password for these COM+ service manually. You can open the property and open the identity tab.

Charlie