Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sort function of data browser screen in table maintenance screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a question that if the sort functionality in data browser screen (SE16) for a table can be implemented in the table maintenance(SM30) screen?

I have a requirement that, in the table maintenance screen custom buttons are to be added for sorting, in both ascending and descending order, and which will work exactly the same as the sort in SE16 does. 

Can anyone please help me in this regard?

Regards,

Debapriya

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SM30 uses a table control. SE16 uses an ALV Grid control. The short answer is "no". The long answer is of course it's possible, but making a table control dialog work exactly the same way as ALV grid control will require considerable effort.

If I were to receive this "requirement", I'd challenge it most strongly. What is the actual business requirement for which they think adding sort buttons to TMG is the solution? The problem is that TMG provides a standard maintenance dialog - there is some scope for customisation, but by the time you get "requirements" like this, you're better off coding something from scratch - e.g. using an editable ALV control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debapriya,

Have a look at these..

and

Regards,

Shaun