Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Poll?

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SCN Support Team,

I tried to create a poll but i failed to create. Then i searched "how to create a poll in SCN". Finally, I understand Moderator only have the rights to create an poll in specific space and others will create in there own space. But I'm not a moderator so where i can create a poll and where i will find my own space for create a poll?

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Gowda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santhosh Gowda wrote:

others will create in there own space.

It was possible in previous, but not now. Only moderator and space editor can create a poll.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, why they given "create poll " option to ALL. What is the use of that?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just the user interface - like you see a SAP transaction in your SAP menu and can't execute it because of no authorization.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, as it was possible to create a poll for everyone at one time. So this option has been given for every one. But now a days, it was removed for spam reason.

This option is visible (as quite like as mission 'Super M'), everyone can see that but can't do anything.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's looking like a useless option for ALL except the Moderator and Space Editors. So My opinion Better to remove this option from ALL except the Moderator and Space Editors.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every one can see that but can't do anything? then Every one why can see that. Better to hide from every one then visible only for the moderators and space editors right?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The whole platform will be replaced in less than a half year, lets see how other Software houses develop their user interfaces, not everything is customizable by the customer of a software.

You can still contact a moderator and ask him if he could create the poll for you. He can then decide if the poll is useful for the community. There are also options elsewhere to create a poll, you can create a discussion, explain about what you want to find out and add a link to that poll.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree, but I don't think we need to bother about that. No problem with its visibility as we know the facility of this option.

May be its quite a tough job to show a mission or option under Create for a moderator and space editor and not for others.

Lets see what changes can effect on 1DX platform.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okey My Poll will be create by the moderator then who will become author of that poll? Me or Moderator??

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of-course moderator.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I think "It's not Good". "My Idea, Name is Moderator".

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

. Then use a discussion instead of Poll or you need to wait to become a moderator to reveal your idea.

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Become a Moderator" is not a easy task, I know that. I will use discussion .Thanks for the replay.

Answers (0)