Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Need help in SAP PM Process

Dear SAP PM Experts,

I am new to SAP  CS and SAP PM , I need some help in understand the process for SAP PM. Need some experts recommendation. We would like to implement SAP Standard process, We would like to have process as simple as process. Main goal of this implementation is to capture the costs,  locate where equipment located, And want to capture idle time for equipment.

Over All process : We will procure equipment's and used internally by  employees, When ever this equipment is defective our internal  respire team  will do rapier and if any spare part need to be replaced we will procure from vendor. If internal employee is doing repair vendor will give discunt while we are

We are planning to implement  SAP PM for the internal assets and equipment's which we procure from the third party , Please help us what is the strategy we should follow  and what are thing we need to consider. Please help me with following things:

• What type of standard equipment Category we should choose
  • What type of stander FL we can use to process
  • How do we handle in-warranty and out of warranty scenario
  • How can we capture costs for that equipment's
  • What SAP PM Services related document types we need to consider
  • How procurement process should be planned
  • How integration with finance should be considered

Please let me know if I am asking very border question or to simple one.. I really don't know where to go and where to start … so  creating thread in sdn.sap.com

Really thank you for your help

Thx

Jacob

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question