cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in SAP PM Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP PM Experts,

I am new to SAP  CS and SAP PM , I need some help in understand the process for SAP PM. Need some experts recommendation. We would like to implement SAP Standard process, We would like to have process as simple as process. Main goal of this implementation is to capture the costs,  locate where equipment located, And want to capture idle time for equipment.

Over All process : We will procure equipment's and used internally by  employees, When ever this equipment is defective our internal  respire team  will do rapier and if any spare part need to be replaced we will procure from vendor. If internal employee is doing repair vendor will give discount while we are

We are planning to implement  SAP PM for the internal assets and equipment's which we procure from the third party , Please help us what is the strategy we should follow  and what are thing we need to consider. Please help me with following things:

• What type of standard equipment Category we should choose
  • What type of stander FL we can use to process
  • How do we handle in-warranty and out of warranty scenario
  • How can we capture costs for that equipment's
  • What SAP PM Services related document types we need to consider
  • How procurement process should be planned
  • How integration with finance should be considered

Please let me know if I am asking very border question or to simple one.. I really don't know where to go and where to start … so  creating thread in sdn.sap.com

Really thank you for your help

Thx

Jacob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jacob,

It seems you want Model BBP Document of PM module.

If you Study the Business Blue Print (BBP) document you will understand the Process.

There are more clear BBP PM Documents Available in Google . Please Try.

BR

subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Although your queries deserves a lengthy answer than this, i will still try to keep it in minimum lines.

For Plant Maintenance standard process you can refer the below link.

Overview of Plant Maintenance (PM) - Plant Maintenance (PM) - SAP Library

Over All process : We will procure equipment's and used internally by  employees, When ever this equipment is defective our internal  respire team  will do rapier and if any spare part need to be replaced we will procure from vendor. If internal employee is doing repair vendor will give discount while we are

Execution of the repair work either internally or externally can be managed by using Control keys, standard control keys available in SAP are PM01 (Plant maintenance - internal), PM02 (Plant maintenance - external procurement), PM03 (Plant maintenance-External(services)).

You can also customize your own control keys, based on the requirement.

Please help us what is the strategy we should follow  and what are thing we need to consider.

Maintenance Strategies are defined based on the Equipment usage and how frequently the equipment needs to have maintenance work done on it.

• What type of standard equipment Category we should choose

You can decide the Equipment Category based on the type of your Equipment i.e ( Machines , Production resources/tools , Test/measurement equipment, Fleet objects)

• What type of stander FL we can use to process

A functional location represents system area at which an object can be installed. You can define the FL hierarchy based on the structure you would like to maintain for your Maintenance Plant.

• How do we handle in-warranty and out of warranty scenario

There are two types of warranties available ( Customer Warranty and Vendor Warranty)

In your case it should be Vendor Warranty only. For that you can create a Master Warranty with T-Code BGM1 and assign it to your Equipment.

• How can we capture costs for that equipment's

You need to assign a Cost center in your Equipment master and when that equipment is being used as a reference object in any Maintenance Order, system picks the cost center from Equipment master as the settlement receiver for that order.

• What SAP PM Services related document types we need to consider

For services, you can call up the Services Masters available in system or create additional service master if needed,by using the control key PM03 (as mentioned above)

• How procurement process should be planned.

For Procuring New Equipment, standard MM procurement procedure can be followed with Account Assignment Category as "K" and for any non-stock component in a maintenance Order in components tab, you can define item category as "N", which in-turn will result in creation of a PR from Maintenance Order.

• How integration with finance should be considered

For integration with Finance you need to consider the below mentioned configuration areas along with your FI consultant.

Plant Maintenance & CS -> Maintenance & Service Processing -> Basic Settings -> General Order Settlement  / Settings for display of costs.

Please do revert back, if any of your questions are unanswered or you need more info on any of the above mentioned topics.

Regards,

Joydeep..