cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana Sizing - minimal configuration

former_member309601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, Actually I have one Server running SAP ECC 606 with IDES and Oracle database for demo, this works fine. Now I want to have one Server with IDES and SAP ECC 606 but with SAP Hana for demo too.

My actual server is 12 GB RAM and 200GB database oracle. Which could be my minimal RAM memory to run SAP ECC 606 with Hana??, just for demom no production enviroment.

Regards,

Jose.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Mm, I use a 244 GB instance on Amazon AWS for such purpose. It's probably more interesting to look into cloud options for what you are trying to achieve. SAP CAL (Cloud Appliance Library) can deploy an instance into Amazon AWS in around 30 minutes and you're ready to go. Just be mindful that there is a server running cost (you can see the cost per hour in SAP CAL as well) so you should stop / start the instance when you want to check something out or demo something to keep your cost low.

SAP HANA can function on 24GB instance but then it's just running SAP HANA with some XS engine apps if you want and t's not really running ERP. Running ERP means loading ERP tables into the memory basically and then you won't be doing all that much with such a low amount of memory ~ if you can even get it to work which I doubt.

Kr

Tom