Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Sales Order Types from ECC to APO and plan with SNP Heuristics

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to CIF different sales order types from ECC to APO. For example, one Sales order with order type ZAB1 and other Sales order with order type ZAB2. The order type ZAB1 is going to have higher priority than ZAB2 and we need to have that differentiation while planning in APO SNP.

What are the prerequisites that are needed to maintain in ECC for the sales order types before CIF'ing to APO to plan with SNP Heuristic.

When both order types are entered in APO, they are displayed as a Sales Order (demand element) in Product View.

Now, how is SNP Heuristic going to differentiate between these Sales order types (as mentioned above ZAB1 having higher priority, needs to plan separately). Do we need to maintain (few of my thoughts) new APO category, category group, Key Figure, Requirement Strategy etc.,??

I really appreciate your help and to share ideas on this topic.

Thanks & Regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

Below are essentials while transferring SO with priority

• A dedicated Integration Model for SO should be there.
  • Delivery Priority of SO type should be mapped to Production Priority in ECC.
  • Shipping conditions should have to maintained if needed in ECC.
  • Planning Procedure, Strategy group, MRP Group should have to be maintained in Material Master as well.

Regards

Vinoth

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Thanks for your reply.

For the ease of explanation i said priority between sales order types. But as such we are not using priorities in the Sales order types in ECC. As mentioned we would like to have high preference/priority for order type ZAB1 than other order type ZAB2, while planning happens with SNP heuristic.

My concern is.. how SNP heuristic will consider these 2 different sales order types in APO. What i am seeing in APO is the same Sales Order element for both order types. Just by seeing the sales order in APO Product view, we could not able to differentiate which order type  (either ZAB1 or ZAB2) is this belongs to in the APO system.

All the details maintained in the ECC Sales order are same except the Order types (i guess the order type is not CIF'ed to APO).

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

PK,

My concern is.. how SNP heuristic will consider these 2 different sales order types in APO. What I am seeing in APO is the same Sales Order element for both order types. Just by seeing the sales order in APO Product view, we could not able to differentiate which order type  (either ZAB1 or ZAB2) is this belongs to in the APO system.

Your concern is well taken.  Assuming you do create adequate enhancements (yes, it will take enhancements to map different ECC order types to separate Categories) to make the Categories unique in SNP for these two order types, what then?  Standard SNP heuristics can manage prioritization of supply elements, but they are pretty limited in the area of demand prioritization.  You will probably face more butchery of the SNP standard solution before you can make heuristic planning do what you want it to do.

You might want to consider implementing CTM.  At least there, Demand prioritization is part of standard functionality.

Comparison of the Planning Methods - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately i didn't understand your full message, adequate enhancements in ECC or APO??

We are using SNP heuristic and i appreciate your help if you explain in detail the sequence of steps or procedure that will be needed to differentiate sales order types in APO.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

PK,

...I appreciate your help if you explain in detail the sequence of steps or procedure that will be needed to differentiate sales order types in APO....

I guess I will have to remain unappreciated.  It is my policy not to provide details about enhancements in these forums, for a number of reasons.

A senior ABAPer in your company should be able to create custom enhancement(s) that will accommodate your business requirement(s). One method might be via enhancements CIFSLS03 in ECC and APOCF010 in APO. There are other ways to approach this business requirement as well.

If sufficient ABAP expertise does not exist locally, you may wish to consider engaging an external resource.

My only point in posting my previous reply was to get you thinking about the overall solution you are considering, before you launch into custom development.  Assuming you are able to achieve differentiated categories in APO, you should be thinking of how are you going to manage them using SNP Heuristics. 

Best Regards,

DB49

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks again.

Sure, i will check with ABAP resource to look into those enhancements in ECC and APO.

Besides this, what additional information or configuration setting do i have to maintain in APO (Requirement Strategy, New Key Figure, APO category etc.) for the SNP Heuristic to consider while planning?

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

PK,

Well, I cannot supply an answer, since your business requirement is to prioritize selected subdivisions of sales demands using SNP heuristic(s), and I have no idea how you intend to do that.

IMHO, depending upon the detailed business requirements, your prioritization solution will probably require more enhancements.  Up until you have finalized your high level design, you can just treat any new 'custom sales order' category the same way you would treat BM. Nothing special required.

I notice that you mentioned requirement types.  If you are also implementing GATP, that will add significant complexity to your design.

Best Regards,

DB49

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

After going through complete post did you already considered the suggestion proposed by expert Dogboy 49 of using CTM. If your business requirement is to prioritize sales orders which is standard functionality in CTM to prioritize demands, why not to opt the same instead of developing such complex solution?

Regards

Rahul

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.

I am open for suggestion or recommendation from experts in this community. But i wonder the complexity in maintaining master data and handling CTM planning engine might be complicated.

Also we are not using resource of any category (Production, Transport, Shipping or Handling). Right now we use SNP heuristic to create planned STR's and deployment for confirming Deployment Confirmed STR's. Do you know how to use CTM in this case to create planned STR's?

Regards

PK

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PK,

Considering the output of SNP heuristic you are creating just STRs. The same could be achieved in CTM and more or less you need same master data what you need in SNP heuristic. So not sure when you say;

But i wonder the complexity in maintaining master data and handling CTM planning engine might be complicated.

At least in your case you will be able to meet your requirement of demand prioritization which would finally generate STR. Thereafter you can do deployment.

So in CTM also you don't need below if you are not doing any produciton etc.

Also we are not using resource of any category (Production, Transport, Shipping or Handling).

I would recommend you to go through the below links to understand CTM and decide right solution for your requirement.

Multilevel Supply and Demand Matching (SDM) - SAP Library

Comparison of the Planning Methods - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

I am sure handling CTM engine would be much more easier then creating a complex solution.

Regards

Rahul

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Because i thought in our current set-up we might need additional master data for using CTM.

Now theoretically, i can replace SNP heuristic with CTM planning and then perform Deployment and TLB. Do you know who CTM will work in case if we use real-time deployment (create planned STR and confirm deployment STR's in one step).

Thanks again for the information links, i will go through with these and try to execute CTM planning run.

Regards

PK

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am still checking with the CTM planning engine, the initial results were interesting in terms of demand prioritization (order types, product and location priorities etc.). However i could not able to achieve the "Maximum Quantity" restriction i was discussion in my other post. Is there any way that we can control CTM planning to consider the maximum quantity using the pre-defined limit for creating planned STR's. For e.g. i would like to know if we can limit STR with quantity 500 (predefined) and any demand lower than this quantity should get confirmed to the exact/requested quantity.

I have tried the options with CTM profile, CTM Global customization and product master lot-size, none of them were working to limit the demand quantity for DC locations.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a Lot sizing profile and assigned it to the TLANE & MOT for the respective source location and make the max lot size value to 500. This settings will be referred by Optimizer and TLB.

SPRO-->Advanced Planning and Optimization-->Supply Chain Planning-->Supply Network Planning (SNP)-->Profiles-->Define SNP Lot Size Profiles (Transportation Lanes)

Here is the SAP Document on Lot Size Profile.

In this profile, you define minimum and maximum lot sizes for the shipment. You then specify this profile for one specific product in the Product-Specific Means of Transport section of the transportation lane. You can thus define minimum and maximum transportation lot sizes for specific products.

If you wish to make shipments in integer multiples of a transportation lot size only, you can also define the transportation lot size as a rounding value in this profile.

To enable the optimizer to take into account the minimum lot sizes and rounding values defined, you have to choose the discrete optimization method in the SNP optimizer profile.

Regards

Vinoth

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Thanks for your reply.

CTM planning is not considering the SNP Lot size profiles(Transportation Lanes). Deployment is considering this profile but not limiting to maximum quantity. If I have a demand of 560 it is creating two confirmed STR's, one for 500 and the other for 60 when i use the maximum lot size to 500 in the SNP Lot size profile. Any idea on limiting this to the maximum quantity, in this case the CTM or deployment must only create STR for only 500.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

The result is intended one and its working as per standard design.

if you want the orders should be generated only for 500 Then your min qty should be 499/500 as well. i dont know you would handle other situations with this logic.

if you're going to use this logic only for specific products then you can go ahead or if you strictly going to restrict the orders with specific qty you can try with fixed lot sizing in Product master.

Regards

Vinoth

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I tried with this setting as well, but is not working for our requirement.

As mentioned earlier, if my demand is lower than max quantity then i wan to consider full/exact quantity. Only in some cases if it exceed max quantity of 500 then i want to limit that demand to 500. Anything below the max quantity i want to consider the exact demand quantity.

Regards

PK

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using Sort Profile maintained in the Demands tab of the CTM profile, i could able to get the correct sequence for demand prioritization based on the selected criterion in the sort profile.

The following table is the sample result after simulation of demands in the CTM profile Demands tab.

Product DC LocationQuantity
ABCDDC3360-
ABCDDC5740-
ABCDDC2630-
ABCDDC1490-
ABCDDC4580-

Keeping the same sequence i would like to know if CTM can create STR's considering the maximum quantity for demands (please see the below table).

Product DC LocationQuantityMax. Qty= 500
ABCDDC3450-360-
ABCDDC5740-500-
ABCDDC2630-500-
ABCDDC1490-490-
ABCDDC4580-500-

Is it possible to achieve this using standard CTM? or Is there any User-exit for CTM planning to obtain this result.

Regards

PK

Answers (0)