Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have following problem:

I've created a BOM for Material A.The components are Materials B, C, W, X, Y and Z.

Materials W, X Y and Z are co-products (negative positions in the BOM).

I would like to know how I can define rules to split the costs between the Co-products.

For example, I'd like to define, that Material A gets 60 % from the production costs, Material W 20 %, Material X 10 % and Material Y and Z 5 % each.

I guess, for materials W, X, Y and Z I've to set the Flag Co-product in Material master. But how can I define the costs split ?

thanks in advance for any help

Fred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Material master in costing 1 view you can click 'Joint prod' button and then click on Equivalance numbers'. Here you can define which material code should get what ratio of cost.

Regards

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

is this to be done On header Material (A) or only for each Co-product (W X Y Z) ?

Thank you

Regards

Fred

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should define for all co-products

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

thank you for your answer, but something isn't clear for me:

If Product A is the main product (BOM Header), and components W, X, Y and Z. co-products, if I'm right, the Co-product flag has to be set in the BOM from Material A on Components W, X, Y and Z. The Co-product flag has also to be set on Material master in costing 1 view for Material A, W, X, Y and Z.

Additionaly what about the Equivalance numbers ? If I understood it correctly, the Equivalance has only to be done on Material Master from Product A in which I have to enter Component W, X, Y and Z for respectively W 20 %,  X 10 % and Material Y and Z 5 % each..

Equivalance has not to be set on Material Master for Components W, X, Y and Z.

Is this right ?

thanks in advance for your help

Fred

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are right...first you should mention that these products are co-prod ..and the through equivalnce number (ratio) you will distribute the cost among all prods...at header material..your understanding is absolutely right.

kamal

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you are right.

Rajneesh

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your understanding is correct.

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

I'll try that in this week. But one more question: It is possible to define a ratio for all co-product, but is it possible for one of the co-products to define a fix price pro CU and for the others a ratio ?

Thank you

kind regards

Fred

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred

I think..NO

Pl close the thread...

Kamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If satisfied, kindly close the thread to make space useful for one and all.

Rajneesh