Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing of MEAS_RESULTS and STATUS_ATTR in event msg

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am currently working through the structure /SAPTRX/EVM_TABLES to get the purpose of all the contained tables. For most of them, I have made quite good progress - using the where-used function it is easy to find ruleset activities which can be used to process the data, and if I use none of them, the data is just stored on database and nothing happens. But this is probably different for the above mentioned two tables. There is no activity using them, but I suppose (did not try though) that the contents are used automatically to update measurement/status data of the event handler. Am I right here and in which part of the code does this happen?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Measurements are handle with activity:

PROCESS_MEASUREMENTS    Process Measurement Data    ACT_PROCESS_MEASUREMENTS

Status creation/update with:

STATUS_SET    Create or Update a Status Attribute Name and Update Status History for EH    ACT_SET_STATUS

What exactly do you want to achieve?

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

As for the PROCESS_MEASUREMENTS: Thanks, did not see that 🙂

As for STATUS_SET: What this activity actually does (as far as I can see) is setting a certain status of the event handler which is passed as a parameter to the activity. But it does not read the data from /SAPTRX/EVM_TABLES-STATUS_ATTR...

(fyi: I am on EM 9.0.)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For /SAPTRX/EVM_TABLES-STATUS_ATTR no standard activity is available.

The Status Update normally happens in the way that an event message is processed and depending on Event Code, Parameters etc. you define a Status that should be set by using the STATUS_SET activity. The Status is then directly customized in the rule set.

Up to now i had never the situation that the sender of the message gives an implicit status.

If you really have such a scenario you could create an own activity. The STATUS_SET activity should help you to figure out how to set the status on the EH.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't have an actual scenario yet, I was mainly interested in finding out how the event message processing does work in general, and seeing some contents not finding how they are used made me frown - but now that you confirmed that this is indeed the case, I am happy with that 🙂

Answers (0)