cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field mandatory in billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do we make a field mandatory in a billing document ? Is there any standard configuration for this ? What's the best way to do that ?

Regards

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can try Tcode SHD0 ( Transaction and screen variants).Here you can create a transaction and screen variant.And in that setting you can make your desired field as mandatory.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which field you want to make it mandatory?Why u want to make it mandatory?

i think answers for this q's will have an idea n solve ur query.

if nt correct me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

i dont think we can make any field mandatory in billing bocument. we can assign the documents for incompleteness with certain fields, unfortunately, incompleteness can not be maintained for billing documents.

am i correct gurus?

cheers,

anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i dont think it is necessary to make some fields mandatory in billing document, because by the time u create billing document information is copied from preceeding documents like sales order and delivery document to billing document, if u want to make a filed mandatory u can make it in preceeding documents so that u can make sure that u dont miss the required information by the time u create billing document.We cannot make fields mandatory using imcompletion procedure.

Message was edited by:

kiran vemula

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way would be to use the in-completion log for the document.

I stand corrected, the incompletion procedure is to be used with the preceding document and use the appropriate copy control function.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if helpful

Message was edited by:

Gauravjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gauravjit

Thanx for the response. But how do we maintain an incompletion log for billing documents as the Standard SAP doesn't provide the same ?

Regards

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

As said earlier, Fields can be made mandatory in the preceeding document.

In case, some field is not there, you might need to make use to user-exit.

Which field are u trying to make mandatory?

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if helpful