Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding methods and attributes in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one question.

I have a global class created in SE24 with 5 mothods. I have tables declared in attributes and those are public.

Question is:- If 1st method executed from workflow step 1 and read some data from data base and stored it in public attributes. After three days same workflow executed to 2nd step and it is called 2nd method. Is data still available in class public attributes whcih is stored during first method execution?

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that the 2nd method is an instance method.

You need to understand that after three days when the workflow uses the class (=calls the method), basically first the object gets instantiated by the workflow. (=The object will not be the same object instance anymore that was existing 3 days earlier.) If the attribute in question gets populated by the constructor, then the data is available. If not, then the data will most likely not be available.

You can test it like this:

- Start your workflow (=1st method gets executed).

- Open the workflow log. Check the container and see if the attribute still has data.

- If you need to have deeper understanding, put breakpoints to the *LPOR* methods of the class, and put one to the constructor too). Open the workflow log again, and see what happens. Does the attribute get populated?

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

Thanks for reply. I will check and let you know.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Answers (0)