cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3 & JavaGUI 7.40 rev 3

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JavaGUI rev 3 was announced yesterday by Rolf-Martin Woersinger - . After installing it this morning I seem to have lost support for Personas 3. It is there in rev 2 - I have both running side-by-side and get the Personas in rev 2 but it is missing in rev 3. Is there a setting necessary to turn it on, or is this just a bug? If a bug, I'll report...

This is JavaGUI on MacOS, if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Indeed there is some code in SAP GUI for Java 7.40 for Personas functionality (because development was started in the 7.40 development scope). However, during working on Personas after the 7.40 shipment of SAP GUI for Java, we came to the conclusion, that the necessary changes are often so deep inside the core, that the stability of SAP GUI for Java is at risk, endangering productive usage by our customers even when Personas is not active.

Therefore we came to the conclusion to complete the Personas implementation in the next major branch and to deactivate Personas in 7.40.

We are currently looking into how and when we can provide a 7.50 beta for customers interested in Personas 3.0 as part of SAP GUI for Java. If I understand correctly, you are one of them.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a shame, as we were hoping to start using Personas in SAPgui. In the Windows GUI, Personas support isn't perfect in rev 3 but I thought by rev 4 (in October?) it might be good enough. But we are a mixed environment, with enough Mac users that having Personas in Windows GUI and not in the Java GUI would be frustrating.

Yes, I'm very interested in the 7.50 beta, as soon as you can provide it! Just let me know...

Steve.

Answers (0)