cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VEV from SAP GUI (monolithic JT): How to receive highlighted parts from VEV and highlight parts in VEV

Jott_Be
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I integrate the 3D VEV (Version 8.0.300.42588, May 5 2015) in SAP-GUI via the Interface IF_GUI_VIEWER_CONSUMER_MODEL.

Two Items

• If I load the file via the IF_GUI_VIEWER_CONSUMER_MODEL~LOAD_VIEWER method I can pass the parameter IV_ID_FIELD. If I Ieave it initial, the system sets '$RH.POSID'. The result if I handle the SAP_VISUALIZATION event is an ID like 'POSID_16BA8CE0' e.g. What is '$RH.POSID'? For each viewer call the value is calculated new. Can I use other ID's?

Now I request the metadata. I receive the data in the event handler for event IF_GUI_VIEWER_CONSUMER_MODEL~SAP_METADATA. But without the relation to the ID above.
  • If I like to higlight a part in VEV I use the method IF_GUI_VIEWER_CONSUMER_MODEL~SET_VISUALIZATION. I tried to use the ID from above, but without success.

It would be great to get some hints.

Best regards

Jürgen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen, Asha,

I've just recently started with implementing VE inside the SAPGUI. I'm wondering if the SET_DYNAMIC_LABEL function of the IF_GUI_VIEWER_CONSUMER_MODEL interface was able to visualize icons within a CGM file. Does anyone of you have any expertise on this,

Thank you and best Regards Dirk.

0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

The POSIDs are session IDs generated by the Viewer to identify the parts in the Viewer scene.

The other ID that can be used to identify parts in the Viewable is the IV_ID_FIELD. To this field you can pass any metadata in the Viewable which you would like to use as an identifier , it could be SAP Material Number, Equipment number , Document ID etc.

So you need to pass the exact metadata tag in IV_ID_FIELD during load , for instance in case of material identifier , you may pass SAP\MATERIAL\0 which corresponds to the metadata tag in Viewable for material.

But like I mentioned SET_VISUALIZATION would work on both Identifiers. Also please check if the

activate_visualization flag is set to true in the load method.

Best regards

Asha