cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I know how to create an alert macro for a particular data view in my planning book. In the interactive planning book when we click on the alert option then it will show an alert based on my alert macro. My question is whether this alert can be shown automatically or not, without clicking on the alert button. For example, suppose I have created an alert that if data in my " Adjustment " key figure is greater then data in my " History " key figure. For that I want whenever I am giving a bigger data in the Adjustment key figure the alert should come automatically on saving the data, without clicking the alert button. Is it possible? If yes how?

Thanks In Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pranay,

If your goal is to get instant feedback during data entry in a Planning Book, then better to create a separate interactive Macro which will detect the alert condition, and then in some way highlight the offending cell(s) (e.g. cell color) and then make that Macro a default macro.

If you goal is to monitor the alerts at any time, run the Background type Alert Macro as part of a background job 'periodically', and have your users go directly into the Alert monitor (/SAPAPO/AMON1) whenever they are bored.

Best Regards,

DB49

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranany

If you have already defined macro in ADVM, define it as default event macro and you will see the same.Else create a macro in ADVM with below condition and assign the same to default event (example).

Macro1

New step : ( 78 Iterations : W 27.2015; W 51.2016 )

IF

Value(s) in A < B

Row: A ( Frm  W 27.2015 )

<

Row: B ( Frm  W 26.2015 )

Process message (Error/Warning)

ENDIF

Let me know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

I already created the alert macro in ADVM, and defined it in the default option. And this alert macro is working fine when I click on the alert button in the interactive planning book. My question is whether it is possible to see the alert without clicking on the alert button?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pranay,

As already mentioned by expert Dogboy 49 you need to create an interactive macro (as an example mentioned above), else use alert monitor for the same through background job and send these alerts to the user through job.

Regards

Rahul