Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Company Procurement with Project Stock

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We currently have a cross company procurement process between company code A (issuing plant) and company code B (receiving plant).

We use standard NB purchase order type and NLCC delivery document type.

Company code A has started to assign stock to WBS elements (project stock). And they would like to deliver the stock directly from the WBS elements, meaning that company code B should specify in their purchase orders from which WBS they want to get the stock.

We've tried to create a new delivery document type (copy of NLCC) with new item categories. And we have assigned a new requirement class (with special stock Q) to the new item categories, but it doesn't work.

We have also tried the standard delivery type NCCR from the business function LOG_MM_SIT (Cross Company Procurement With Project Stock(Q)) but it doesn't look like the right way...

In the SAP Note 1596031, we can read:

Movement types that support this process have been created only as of Enhancement Package 5 with the businesss function LOG_MM_SIT. With Enhancement Package 5 also however, the system supports only the stock transfer of stock with the same WBS element (same WBS element in the issuing and in the receiving plant).

But this is a bit misleading for us, as we understand that the WBS element cannot be the same in the issuing and receiving plant, as they belong to different company codes (in our scenario).

Any idea of how we can fulfill this requirement?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Fortian

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't assign two company codes to a single WBS Element.

But you can create two WBS Elements with two different company codes in one project.

Regards,

Rao.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's what I thought... I will open a new discussion again in the SD forum (trying to be more precise with my question). I hope I have the blessing of the Moderator (as I can't privately address to him).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should open an OSS message to SAP and try to get the note explained as it is not precise enough. If SAP says it is possible then I actually believe that and would try to figure out how it is done exactly.  And I think that the PS forum is quite the right place to address this, especially if your standard customizing for STO process in SD and MM works for all other cases, hence it must be specific to the WBS setup, and who can do this better than the people in PS?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

I might be wrong, but I really believe all the needed customizing for this business process is going to be SD and MM related. Anyhow I'm OK leaving it in this forum. But maybe you could change the thread "title" back to the original one, as the current one is misleading...

About opening an OSS message... I will think about it.

Regards,

Fortian

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't change the subject to "Cross Company Procurement with Project Stock" it in the PS forum, as I am not a moderator here

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't trust SAP? If the process would not be possible at all, why should they then  create several pages in help.sap.com to explain that new processes are introduced with a business function and an OSS note to describe that you have to create a copy requirement to avoid an error message.

If you don't know how to create a WBS that works with 2 company codes then you need to ask the question "how to use a single WBS for 2 company codes" in the PS forum.

I changed the title and moved it to the PS forum .

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry @Jürgen L it seems I offended you with my ignorance and my wrong doing.

I'm not a super expert... And maybe I didn't explain the requirement well enough. As we don't really want to post the stock into Project stock in the receiving plant.

Anyhow it would be interesting to learn how to create a WBS for two company codes...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, no offense at all. But I agree that you did not explain your requirement well if that was not the question that you were interested in. it was the only question that I saw, the only sentence with a question mark at the end.