cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does DBACOCKPIT connection works in Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone Please explain me how exactly  a connection present in  tcode DBACOCKPIT of solution manager system connects to the satellite System? I ask this because, i have setup a system in "Managed System Configuration", and in Full mode configuration i have updated correct entries for DB Parameters fields present in the "Enter System Parameters" yet it is failing with error "NFP Database connection %_NFP_LNX-NFP-P001: SQL error 12154 con=2(lnx-nfp-p001.xyz.com:1527/NFP): ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve".

Let me know if anything from OS level can be checked for this as well.

Many thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Yousuf Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for the Input. I have tried few of the given Links and configured the DBACOKPIT for my system say "ASF". however, the alert for DBACOCKPIT is still saying "FAILURE".

Note:

1. In Solman_setup--> Managed System Configuration-->enter system parameter

the DB Parameter is perfectly config and is GREEN.

2. in my Solman ABAP, tcode DBACOCKPIT, i tested ASF connection and it is GREEN.

3. ASF is up and running fine.

Still i am getting RED Alert for DBACOCKPIT.

Please go thru the attached Screenshots. i have uploaded

Let me know, What more needs to be done here.

Regards,

YM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yousuf,

I think i found the solution,

Please check following sap note :-

1926321 - 'Oracle Database not available' alert in Technical Monitoring

Please apply note as suggested.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what Failure hyperlink shows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Apologies for the delay..looks like we are close. i have checked the snote you gave and indeed we have an issue with the Incorrect/No parameter values for 'DBMS_ID' and 'DBCNAME' in the Alerting Directory.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi Yousuf,

What SP are you on? Is your Content up to date? A lot of the time the alert and metrics have errors on that are "fixed" ( sometimes) in the content updates.

I would suggest updating the content first.

1742119 - Updating Content in Solman Setup

former_member624907
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Any Luck yet ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for the guidance, looks like the issue is with the Incorrect/No parameter values for 'DBMS_ID' and 'DBCNAME' in the Alerting Directory as Anand suggested.

The solution for that in the note is to update the content but i am facing issue in it.

i have followed the snote given by Andrew Wilson(thanks for that). Here is the issue we are facing.

Since we are on 7.1 SP13, these update should have be automatically be downloaded for implementing through RCD(Rapid Content Delivery). We have checked the RCD status and found it to be in “Performed” state.

When i tried to update the content, i couldn't,the “Update Content”  status seems unknown, PFB. We were not able to find any SP Level and available content details in it.

Final thing we noted  , though we upgraded SMR to SP13 recently, why is it still showing as “Not Active” in Content History?

Looks like we are having issue trying to update the content post upgrade, Can someone please help in finding the cause here?

Any suggestions in this regards are most welcome...

TIA

Regards,

YM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must add an entry for your Oracle remote database in the file tnsnames.ora. For more info please read SAP note 1261329 - DBA Cockpit: Oracle as a remote database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello yusuf,

DBACOCKPIT of solution manager will (connect to) work on solution manager. why it would have to be configured in managed system setup.

In managed system configuration which ever system you are adding provide that system details including DB if required.

Managed system configuration is for Satellite systems.

If this does not satisfy your question. Please elaborate.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply Anand. I would put my Question very simply as below:

What is the mechanism used by Solution manager System to Test the Satellite System DB availability via DBACOCKPIT?

When you go to tcode DBACOCKPIT in Solman ABAP and select the satellite system entry and do the Connection Test., What exactly is being done there to give the Results as GREEN or RED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yousuf,

Now i can understand what you are asking for,

Please check the following standard SAP explanation on this question.

The DBA Cockpit on a Local System and on SAP Solution Manager - CCMS: Oracle - SAP Library

Setting Up Database Monitoring and Alerting in SAP Solution Manager - CCMS: Oracle - SAP Library

1265134 - DBA Cockpit: Connection of a remote database

I hope this helps you to resolve your questions and issues.

Regards

Anand

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.