cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double quote

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam working on one interface FCC to proxy, File format is  CSV with double quotes.but some times double quotes coming in between data. how can i remove this double quotes in between data.

Please find the Below sample CSV file. Please help me on this.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendar,

If you want to remove the double quotes in data you can use java mapping and replace the concerned string.

Hope this helps.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendar,

As Praveen and Sendhil said, you could either go for java mapping or else you could try the FCC parameter to achieve your requirement.

I want to tell one more approach for this, which is Use ReplaceString text function in graphical mapping, and replace all occurrences of " with blank value. Since your's field separater, extract the whatever value in the source file to XML and use ReplaceString function in graphical mapping, you can transform to target accordingly. But the Con here is that if you have more number of fields like this, then it becomes tedious for you to follow this way..

Regards

VIshnu

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendar,

Try this in your FCC.

Reference: Converting File Content in the Sender Adapter - SAP XI: Runtime - SAP Library

1. NameA.enclosureConversion

· Specify YES if the text delimiter is to be removed when the files are transferred or if the escape character is to be replaced.

· EnterNO if the character is to be transferred unaltered.

If you specify xml.enclosureSign= and xml.enclosureSignEsc=““, text enclosed in quotation marks is transferred unchanged and the quotation marks are removed.

If the escape character for a quotation mark (““) itself occurs in the text, it is replaced by the quotation mark during the transfer.

This parameter is optional.

Hope this helps.

Oops, the " to be removed from between the data,

If you have less number of fields then you can UDF and handle it this way. If it has many fields, you can follow Praveen's suggestion.

pattern you can have it as " (quotes)

--

Sendhil

Message was edited by: Sendhil Kumar

sendhil_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendar,

You can follow Vishnu's Graphical mapping, the UDF I specified above is basically doing the same action, instead of UDF better would be go with Graphical mapping.

--

Sendhil