Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll General Query

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Experts,

I raised this thread yesterday but got deleted due to some issues, hence raising it again..can anyone help me please?

I am much new to Payroll, extremely apologize for raising basic questions as i am learning payroll now and i am expecting your help on this.

I don't understand the calculation can anyone please explain me? i have read F1 but still dont get how system calculates.

Here is the IT table as input for the PCR X015

6 is the number which we have got it from T510J as valuation basis , how come 6*4 = 24 and 7 *5=35 happened, how the PCR did this? this is where exactly i struck up , ADDNA* just addes Number and amount . how come multiplication happened?

Can anyone explain me please?

thanks

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any reply on the below. you help would be much appreciated.. so i would come to understand what is happening..

Thanks

Sriram

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I would say you can have a look at this thread

Wagetype is a concept which we use in SAP to hold three values as you already know. So always we are trying to find out all these three values. So once system got rate and number of hours calculation of amount will happen once the processing is complete.

Please check the valuation basis for the wagetype 8150 from the table V_512W_B. If the valuation basis is K then the value is from T510J ( Please check the reply from Vivek for more info on T510J , if its 01,02 etc then the value is from wagetype /001,/002 etc.

Hopefully this helps

Thanks

JIm

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimson,

This was great.. i have understood the importance of those functions and operations, i also understood how VALBS operation works.

But i do not understand few things here which i am requiring help to understand better.

after VALSB0 function does the multiplication, what exactly

ADDNA *

FILLF N

WGTYP=*

Do, because i have another calculation which VALSB1 works , so i need to understand these things.

Can you please explain those ,

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Sriram

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Each VALBS rows should be evaluated with the wage type incoming to the rule X115 . These operations FILLF and Wagetype=* do that preparation.

ADDNA will write the number and amount values into OT table.

FILLF N resets the Number back to what it was when the rule was first called.

Wagetype=* will bring the initialize the work area with incoming wage type.

Will continue the processing for VALBS1 and so on...

Thanks

JIm

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimson,

Thanks for your answer, i have understood the point now.. WGTYP=* replaces the OT wage type with input wage type..  Work area do you mean here is IT table.

Normally what is the process once ADDNA moves the number and amount to OT table.. will that table becomes input for Next VALSB1?

How OT and IT are interrelated?

Thanks

Sriram

jimso101
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Please go through the link Internal Tables for Payroll - Payroll China (PY-CN) - SAP Library

which clearly explains about payroll tables with graphical representation.

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks

JIm

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimson.

Thank you so much.. your replies are helpful for the beginerrs like me..

I have understood all now and its working fine.

Thanks

Sriram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of our experts replied to it, but couldnt see that as content has been deleted,

Thanks

Sriram