cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: Settle the balance from previous year in previous year first Message no KD625 in CJ88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Business has posted few Entries in the 2014 to a WBS element and they forget to settle them in 2014. Now they have created AUC in Feb'15 and trying to run settle the WBS to AUC through CJ88 and they are getting the error message "Settle the balance from previous year in previous year first Message no. KD625".

I saw the OSS note: 1759861 but I couldn't able to decide. If someone come across such issue can you please share your experience on this? Thank you for your quick reply.

Thank you,

Rams N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

This is purely need to be decided by the FI Consultants.

I have experienced these kind of issues, but this was purely handled by FI, since business was not interested to open the previous year, since making the settlement will impact financially.

You need to ask the business what they want to do out of these three options available in the oss note. SAP recommends to settle it to previous years only.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria Terence,

Thank you for your inputs. Can you please share one case how you have handled this issue?

Rams N

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

We have opened the period for 4 hrs, settled all the cost.

Then our FI team transferred the cost from this WBS element and other WBS element.

FI has lot of options to consider these kinds of cost and prepare their balance sheet.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Maria Terence. Let me check with the business first and then come back to you. Thank you for sharing the knowledge.

Rams N

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Please make this error message to warning than you will able to do settlement. another option is to open previous year for financial postings.

so better to change error message to warning than do settlement and again set as error message.

You could set message KD625 to warning in transaction OBA5. This should allow you to settle the costs without error KD625.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for your qucik reply.

IF we do change the error message to warning message then in which fical year (2014 or 2015) entries will be posted and is there any impact on other items? Have you faced the issue in the past.

Thank you,

Rams N

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

if you have current year open only so you have to post in current fiscal year only.

please check with business if the accept.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil. Let me check with the business and come back to you.

Rams N