cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from PB6.5 to PB12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am planning to migrate my application build using PB6.5 to PB12 or latest.

1. Should i be migrating to PB12 classic or .NET
  2. can i migrate directly from PB6.5 to PB12. or should i do intermediate migration  and if yes please suggest me the steps .
  3. i was not able to open PB6.5 files in PB10.
  4. i will be installing PB 12 in windows 2008 r2 machine.

i am pretty new to power builder.

thanks in advance for all replies and suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chris_keating
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This question would get a more PowerBuilder focused audience if you post this in the PowerBuilder SCN.

1. Should i be migrating to PB12 classic or .NET
    • Classic. That said, you may want to read up on the features of PB.Net to determine whether it offers value to your project requirements.
  2. can i migrate directly from PB6.5 to PB12. or should i do intermediate migration  and if yes please suggest me the steps 
    • You can directly go to PB12 - there is no requirement to do that migration version by version..   
  3. i was not able to open PB6.5 files in PB10.
    • You will need to elaborate on what you mean?  I recommend that you post this as a new PowerBuilder SCN discussion.
  4. i will be installing PB 12 in windows 2008 r2 machine.
    • PB 12.6 is only supported as a runtime (deployed app). Development on that platform is not supported. I am not sure if there are issues with developing on that platform but I believe that it has not been tested for that purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had migrated the code from PB6.5 tp PB12.6.

after migration i am facing an issue when ever do any opearion ona window ( like select,fetch ec) i get Error calling external function %s .

what could be the issue..

Thank in advance for the replies

chris_keating
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This question will likely be better asked in the PowerBuilder SCN as that error is not from SQL Anywhere (assuming that the error is as written as reported from the application).