Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

i18n model defined in manifest.json is not created

Hi Guys,

I am now following the latest walkthrough tutorial in http://veui5infra.dhcp.wdf.sap.corp:8080/demokit/#docs/guide/8f93bf2b2b13402e9f035128ce8b495f.html

after I define the i18n model metadata in manifest.json .  see  "manifest.json" in the above url

while I set breakpoint in Component.js 's init() method,  and by accessing this.getMetadata()._oStaticInfo.manifest, I see all

the metadata parsed.      see attached file "Capture1.png"

However, when I try to acces i18n model by this.getModel("i18n"),  I get nothing.  see attached "Capture2.png"

neither can I access the i18n model in view's controller by this.getView().getModel("i18n").

However, ui5 do parse the "rootView" property under  "sap.ui5" in manifest.json file. otherwise the rootView will not be loaded and initiated.

see attached "Capture3.png"

seems that manifest json is loaded and parsed, but only partly used.  the i18n is not initiated.

I am doubting that I have configured it wrong, but I fully downloaded from tutorial. and since this manifest.json is newly introduced and with limited material for reference, I have no idea where to go except dive into ui5-core souce code, which takes much time.

I am wondering if anyone met this before .

Thanks,

Capture3.PNG (90685 B)
Capture2.PNG (63329 B)
Capture1.PNG (102883 B)
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question