cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IdM 8.0 - Engine Package Modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to change the Provision process in the Engine Package? In the lower versions of IdM I have always inserted a process to derive the account privilege systematically. I would like to use that same approach with IdM 8.0. I'll my attempts to update the engine package to include a task have failed. Has anyone accomplished this? If so, how?

BTW I've checked all of the authorization levels on the Engine package but to no avail.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ole_k_rosberg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The Engine package is a type 2 package which means that it is read only and cannot be changed.

Regards,

Ole K. Røsberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ole.

This is a bit restrictive in comparison to version 7.x.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

you ou would be able to import the engine package as customer package in you own namespace. With this, you are able to modify it.

But: as all the links are namespace related, the dependent packages will loose these linkage points, and you would have to delink everything to your own engine package. And of course you will loose aall upgrade possibilities when new version appears (which is a likely case).

I would not import the engine package as own one, but would try to implement your own behavior in the connector packages.

cheers Jannis