cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action that is changing the status is not triggering next action

brandongailey
Participant
0 Kudos

I have 2 actions setup and the goal is once the first action runs successfully the next action will be scheduled without having to save again. The schedule condition for the second action never runs, although if I just save my transaction again it will run successfully. I have seen a lot of notes about dependency for actions that have not been helpful at all to me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brandongailey
Participant
0 Kudos

I have done a work around since I do not believe the system can handle this functionality using standard functions/badis. I am just scheduling both statuses from the get go and it is working properly, just makes the background job not run as  fast due to the additional check that must be made.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, but what "Action" are you talking about? I couldn't understand the context completely, and hence this question.

Thanks,

Juwin

brandongailey
Participant
0 Kudos

In CRM you can setup action profiles and actions. I have 1 action with a schedule condition of status XXX (action 1) that will change the status on an opportunity to YYY after XX number of days and I have another action with a schedule condition of status YYY (action 2) that will change the status on an opportunity to ZZZ after YY number of days. If action 1 gets executed completely the status will change to YYY, then the schedule condition of action 2 will be true and then action 2 should be getting scheduled but the system still thinks that the status equals XXX, so action 2 does not get scheduled. Hope this better explains what I am facing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon

In the second action, in the Action Settings what is the "Processed At" value set to, if it's set to "Processing when saving document" then this is most likely the issue.

Regards

Arden

brandongailey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Arden, Both are processed as selection reports as I will be running the job in the background. Thanks, Brandon