cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Integration between ECC and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some doubts and need your help please.

1. In sap help it is mentioned that : from ECC to SCM

The following parameters are not transferred:

Task list usage

· Intervals

· Versions

· Hierarchies

· Definitions (shifts, break patterns, shift sequences)

Question -- I have seen new resource intervals being transferred to APO from ECC. Does it mean that if we integrate ECC and APO using External capacity indicator for resource then the above statement about the parameters not being transferred does not hold good ?

2. If I maintain capacity variants straight in APO, is there a risk that weekly CIF jobs for integration of resources will delete these capacity variants ?

3. Is there some way in ECC -- to maintain capacity variants ? I guess ---its 'version' in workcenter. If yes -- then after certail period if changes are required in version --then are those changes transferred to APO?

Rgds

Learner.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. With external capacity the work center in APO will use the capacity (intervals & shifts) from ECC

2. Capacity variant is specific for APO. Will not be deleted. In this case you are no working with external capacity.

3. In ECC you can't create capacity variant (is specific for APO system)

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius but its not fully clear to me.

Questions:

1. If I have in SPRO in ECC --Set the Transfer of Resources to SAP APO--> external for all the resources then can I create capacity variants in APO or not ?

2. I understand that I can not create capacity variant in ECC but if I create version and CIF the resource -- can I acheive the same results ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

From SAP help:

1. You cannot define any intervals for resources with an           external capacity          that is determined directly from SAP R/3.           The capacity variant is identical to the available capacity determined from the external capacity, as long as you have not manually defined variances in the capacity profile.        

If you define a capacity variant as the          active variant         in the              General Data       of a resource, the system uses the capacity variant instead of the standard available capacity or the external capacity.

2. Nope you can't. Must be maintained in APO. You can create 99 cap.variants!

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Marius but I am still not getting it clearly.

If I have external resource -- then system is still allowing me to create capacity variant and save it. Do you mean as per SAP help ---it can not be done ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

I agreed with you that is not very clear.

Based on SAP note 727719 you need to have an active variant defined. So, even if you have external capacity option in APO if you have an active variant the heuristic will take in consideration the capacity variant defined in APO.

From 727719:  

"One of the capacity variants of a resource can be defined as an active variant and then it shows the available capacity of the resource which is relevant for planning. If no active variant is defined, the standard capacity or external capacity of the resource is used."

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Answers (0)