cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locate where an inspection method is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to use a transaction like QS36 Where used list for Inspection Method. But when I run it the results are in a group. I am looking to see where a specific attribute (size bore gage or thread gage of a specific size for eg) is used and on what parts.

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!! Thank you!!

This will help a lot.

Not to sound too greedy but is there a way to get that task list generated with the materials to show the value that is set for inspection.

So say I pick method Bore gage, and I get a list of 1000 parts, can I show what ones are set for a specific size?

If not no worries! I think what we have is enough to get me moving anything else is icing on the cake!

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about SQVI for tables PLMK and MAPL? I think you can get that info by creating query with suitable parameters such as inspection method can be input field and in turn you would get inspection characteristics and material codes where it is used. Group number serves as common factor between these to tables to establish the connection. You can display many fields available in these tables at the output. 

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.

You can select all records in QS36 and then click on the "In master inspection characteristic" button to see all the MIC's they are used in.

To see the material numbers the method is used with, you can use CWBQM.  Select Q_TSK_000000000010 for the working area. On the inspection characteristic tab, enter in the method name(s), version(s), plant(s).  Click load task lists.

All relevant inspection plans will be shown.

Select all or a subset of them.

From menu select Task Lists-->Material-Task List Assignments

On the next screen you may need to remove the group number and counter from the Context window to display them all.

Craig