"Wrong format of delivery address:" and "OData Client - notification to - - failed - HTTP" when sending Push Notifications via SAP Backend
Recently I am trying out SMP Push Notifications using this documentation http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40ab6d83-b7b8-3010-65bc-d7a08f0f35f3?overridelayout=true
I believe many of the configurations is done. So I decided to try out the SAP Standard Demo Flight Service "RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT" starting page 14 in the document .
I did all the tasks from running SubscriptionCollections via rest client to running the sample standard program /IWBEP/R_MGW_PUSH_TEST in the program the sending was apparently successful but when I checked tcode SLG1 for the log I got these messages
I am not sure what these messages mean but in the case of the delivery address I am not sure why the format is incorrect. Since i tried both format specified in page 15 of the document:
- urn:sap-com:channel :<RFC destination>:<request URI>
Here are the records in table /IWBEP/D_MGW_SUB
I would like to hear from all of you soon
I resolved both issues.
To Fix "Wrong format of delivery address:" message I applied OSS Note 2120880 (there's an earlier OSS note as well but for me it was already applied).
"OData Client - notification to - - failed - HTTP"
Yeah it had something to do with the RFC Destination.
I had to do the following:
1: Use user credentials of a Push User in the SMP. I had to ask someone to help with this.
2. Change the path prefix in the RFC Destination I created. The tutorial link specified /Push/ but it's a bit different in ours but I found out the HTTP to send push notifications is "http://<host>:<proxy>/restnotification/application/<application ID from SMP Push>/"
so I had to change it from /Push/ to /restnotification/application/<application ID from SMP Push>/user
The "user" at the end is because I am sending Push Notifications per use. See "Users per application" section at link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp305svr/helpdata/en/6a/e1d7aabc2946c68d3c56acd42ec522/content.htm
Unfortunatley I still couldn't get the sample program to work. Thus we decided to just use the RFC and create a custom program and use the cl_http_client. It works.
So we just went with that.