SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically extend contracts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when a customer does not cancel his contract until the cancellation date the next possibel cancellation date and the new contract end would expand according to the cancellation conditions.

Example:

The contract runs from 1.1.2015 until 31.12.2015. If the customer does not cancel his contract until 3.12.2015 the contract would be prolonged another year with the possibility of cancellation until 4 week before contract end.

So, if on 4.12.2015 the customer has not cancelled his contract therefore the new contract end shoud be 31.12.2016 and the new cancellation date 3.12.2016.

I've been searching if SAP offers a report to change these data automatically in the contract but couldn't find anything so far.

How do you handle automatic extrensions of contracts?

Thank you for your ideas.

Julia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I don't think there is any standard way to automatically extend the validity the period of the Contract in SAP. You have to build a custom solution for your requirement.

You can develop a program and run it in batch everyday to find out whether the customer has cancelled the contract or not and then use standard FM,ISU_S_CONTRACT_CHANGE to extend the validity period.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I don't think there is any standard way to automatically extend the validity the period of the Contract in SAP. You have to build a custom solution for your requirement.

You can develop a program and run it in batch everyday to find out whether the customer has cancelled the contract or not and then use standard FM,ISU_S_CONTRACT_CHANGE to extend the validity period.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

thank you for your reponse.

Isn't it strange, that there is no SAP standard functionality for that requirement. Or is it nowadays so unusual for customers to stay with a contract that an automatic prolongation is not necessary in most cases?

Greetings,

Julia.