cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing or reseting analysis for olap without losing analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i changed something in bex query bu the chane is not seen in analysis for olap report.

How i can reset analyssi for olap to reflect changes.

When i try to delete query and add it again i lose all my graphs and varyants

could u please help

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Ali

The behaviour you have observed is expected. Because AOLAP is able to make many of the same changes that you can make in the Query Designer, when you create an AOLAP workspace it takes a snapshot of the query definition. The idea is that you don't want someone making a change to the query and potentially negatively impacting 100s of workspaces.

You mentioned that you lost your crosstab/charts when you deleted and recreated the connections... even if they had the same name. That happens because AOLAP uses a unique identifier for the connection. However there is a solution for this.

After you have deleted and recreated the connection, open the CMC and navigate to the AOLAP workspace. Right click and choose "Connections". At the top of the window click on "Replace Connection". The current connections expected by the workspace are listed and for each connection you can choose the new connection. There is also a checkbox option to apply the same change to all workspaces which use the same connection.

Click the "Save" button then logoff from the CMC. Open the BI Launchpad and now you can open your original AOLAP workspaces.

(Aside: I haven't checked if this is a workaround to your original request but it does allow you to recover AOLAP workspaces when connections are deleted. I would be interested to know if new query changes are also reflected).

Kind Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It will be interesting to know If replacing connection would reflect BEx Query changes or not.

Neha_Kumari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

The changes are made in BEx query i guess.
Try editing the BICS connection and save with the same data.
Check the AOLAP report if it gets updated.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what change did you make? Does that change show up if you create new workspace on the same bex query?

If possible attach screenshot.

Thanks,

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

in bex i had a calday at prompts. i restricted this calday for 15 days and i changed it to 30 days.

but it didnt reflect to analysis for olap report. i have to delete query from report and add same query again but this is not good becauze i wil llose all my graphs

if i create new workspace change shows up but at this time i have to create all my  graphs again

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to refresh workspace to reflect changes